Awakening

You will bring him back right? You will end both your's and his sufferings right? The doctor asked hopefully. Who is he? asked an angry at the same time helpless Adwait. Angry cause like Shrinkhal said he failed as a parent, he was angry because this doctor wasn't allowing him near his son, he was angry and helpless because he only brought this situation upon himself. He remembered Shrinkhal advising,  sometimes requesting him to forgive and call back Dev, but everytime he used to say that Dev deserved that and he will never forgive him. Just how wrong he was, thought Adwait. He is Devendra Desmukh, founder of Shantiniketan and Aashray, well which is now runned by my brother Mahadev. Also the Chairman of this hospital. And you are? asked Shrinkhal. I am Arjun Deshmukh, his son smiled the young Doctor.

Yes, Doctor I have also had enough....I will bring my Devji and myself back. I'll will fight for us, though he cowardly give up on us easily I will not let him to do as pleases now. I'll make him fight for us, for me.... stated Parvati with firm determination as well as bringing back, hope and relief in every one's mind present there.  Thank you my child, thank you the doctor hugged Parvati feeling grateful and extremely happy. You are exactly as he described, pure kind and innocent. Thank you doctor.... Parvati mumbled in his embrace. Huh? The doctor asked confused. Thank you for being there with him, when we were not. Thank you for loving him, caring him. If you are really grateful you should start calling me as 'Father'. Basically I am your father in law chuckled Devendra bringing a smile on Parvati's face. Yes father answer Parvati enthusiastically. Can I go and meet him now ask Parvati all serious and desparate. Yes Beta, you can he is stable now.  Ok. Before entering Parvati was made to wear mask, cap as a precaution for infection. And next what she saw made her heart skip a beat and her breath hitched. Gone was the all mighty Mahadev, her Dev ji lying in front of her was a broken man, body full covered with bandages which still had spots of red blood and bruises and what not. If not for the constant sound of beeping machine attached to sense Dev's heartbeat and the vapour getting accumulated on the oxygen mask indicating that he was breathing one would think that Dev was dead. Without wasting a minute Parvati was by Dev's side holding his bigger, rough palm which was now covered with blisters into her small hands. Devji...chocked Parvati unable to form words. It didn't hurt this much whenever you beat me as much as seeing you now in this condition whispered Parvati letting her tears fall down freely. Suddenly she felt some movement in her hands, to be exact it felt as a Dev just move his hand, the beeping machine started making noises indicating Dev's  uneven heartbeats. And it felt as if he was trying to say something. Upon seeing Dev's distressed form Parvati turned to call the doctor but was stopped when she felt the firm hold on her hand by Dev, who was now whispering incoherent words. To hear what he was saying Parvati leaned towards him and was shocked to hear that even in this condition he was asking for her forgiveness. "Parvati I'm sorry" was was his weak words. Just then hearing the commotion, Arjun came  inside immediately and injected into his saline making him to calm down and sleep again. He is a strong man, will be alright in no time. Don't worry sister, said Arjun patting on Parvati's shoulder and leaving them alone.

                            To be continued.....