Chapter 31

Allison woke up alone in her room, she groaned realising she had to get to school in a little while, meaning she could no longer be sleeping in late. She slipped out of bed, tiredly walked to her wardrobe, and picked out an outfit for today. She changed into the clothes, then noticed the key that was by her window, her eyes widened as she picked it up, her eyes trailing over the details of the metal. The majority of the key was black, it had a dark blue gem, with silver claws covering the gem and coloured wings sprouting from the sides. The key scared her, it gave her cold chills, she knew it was bad, which worried her even more. 

She hid the key in a drawer, stood up and walked downstairs, into the kitchen, and let a smile form on her lips. Tyler and Bode were sitting at the counter, eating breakfast. Tyler stood up, a grin on his lips, and hugged her tightly. She hugged him back, her sleepy state still present, she felt safe in his arms. Just him holding her made her want to go back to bed, he chuckled as he felt her go limp in his arms and sat her down at the counter. Starting to make her breakfast, Bode looked at the girl he considered his older sister and shook his head with a smile. Knowing out of everyone in the household, she was the worst when it came to the mornings. 

"Morning, Allie." He cheerily spoke, a bright smile on his lips. Allison looked at the youngest and gave a tired smile, waving to him as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Tyler placed the meal in front of Allison, sat next to her, and continued to eat the rest of his. The oldest three walked to the car once they were ready, sat in and Tyler drove off. 

He knew something was going on with Allison, it worried him as to what it was and he just wanted to make sure she was all good. Tyler walked around the school, holding her hand as they walked around the school. The two went around school, Tyler keeping an eye on Allison, making sure she didn't have another incident like she had yesterday. The two sat in their history class, Tyler chuckled seeing Allison's excited features for the lesson, he knew history was also another favourite subject that the girl had. The bell rang, signifying it was time for the lesson to commence. 

"Welcome, everybody. I am Mr. Bennett. I'm new here" Tyler looked over at Allison, seeing her wave her pen between her fingers as she stared at the front of the class. Looking like she was listening, yet at the same time wasn't. 

"Now, I know that we're all gonna be good friends here, but first we have to get through this hurdle. Yes, I'm sorry. It is a quiz, but it's gonna be super easy if you did the summer reading." Allison rubbed her eyes tiredly, blinked a few times then thanked the new teacher as he placed the paper down in front of her. Her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at her paper, it was blurry and she couldn't understand any of the words. She then heard a ringing in her ears, causing intense uncomfortableness as her hearing disappeared. 

"Tyler I can't see or hear." She called out to him, freaking out as she looked in his general direction. Tyler ran over to her, placed his hands on her face, gasping as he saw her eyes going a foggy shade. He watched as blood ran from her ears, her body swayed slightly and she collapsed into his arms. Mr. Bennett ran over, grabbed his phone out and started to call the medical team on campus. Tyler held Allison in his arms, fear covering his face, watching as she was placed onto a gurney and taken out of the room. He swallowed a lump in his throat as the class stared at him, he sat in his spot, staring at the piece of paper in front of him. 

After the hour was over, Tyler ran out of the classroom and towards the medical office. He looked to see Allison walking out of the room, he smiled in relief to see her looking like she was back to normal and walked over to her. He wrapped his arms around her body, embracing her into a hug and kissed her cheek. 

"Come on, let's go." He whispered, worried for the girl and took her towards the lunch hall, letting her sit down once they got to Brooke and Luke. Allison smiled at her friends, glad to see them back and their little group was back together after weeks of not seeing each other. 

"Hey, we heard what happened. Are you alright?" Allison looked at them with a little bit of an irritated look, not about the fact that she was asked if she was alright, but more of the fact that word had already gotten around. 

"Yeah, I'm alright thanks." She answered, thanking Tyler as he placed a tray of food down in front of her. He smiled, kissed her cheek and sat down next to her, they had created their own language, so they could discuss the keys in public without being detected by anyone else. Allison showed them the two newest keys, the dagger key and the truth key. 

School ended pretty quickly, Allison did her homework and study as soon as she got home, so then she had a bunch of free time afterwards. Tyler knocked on the door of her room, smiling as she waved him in, he stood behind her as she sat at her desk, rubbing her shoulders, leaning down to kiss her cheek. 

"Hey, what are you working on?" He questioned, pulling her up and away from her work. Allison grinned at him, leading him to her bed and plopped down. He chuckled as he watched her cuddle into her blankets, staring up at him tiredly. 

"Just a new story." She answered, scooting backwards as he went to lay in front of her. 

The dagger key

The truth key 

The truth key 

The new (yet to be named key)