Chapter 23

After I explained everything to them I was scared they'd leave me but surprisingly they didn't. Brooke and Luke looked at each other before looking back at me both with kinda smiles.

"So, there's two set of magical keys. The ones that the Locke's can find then there's the ones only you can find. There's a well lady named Dodge who is also Lucas one of the drowning kids. Alright, I must say this is kinda cool also strange. I don't know about you Brooke, but I want to be apart of this. I want to help you" Luke said smiling, I sighed in relief and looked down at the ground them back at Brooke.

"Oh what the hell? I'm in, this is gonna be fun.... I think?" Brooke said with a smile, I hugged them both so glad they don't think I'm crazy.

"We should get that cleaned up" Luke said standing up and held his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me up then helped Brooke up. We all walked to the nurse's office and sat on the bed while Luke and Brooke stood by the door. After my cheek was cleaned and bandage I walked out with Luke and Brooke back to where we were before.

Later that night I was sitting with Tyler, Kinsey, Bode, Rufus and Ellie. She was going to show us something, or explaining something to us.

"You have to understand, I did what I thought was best for my son but I'm done being afraid. Lucas the one that I knew was sweet, charming. Dodge, that was my nickname for him. He was on the fencing team, it's a little cheesy I know but that name means something completely different to me."

"What happened to him?" Tyler asked as he held my hand.

"The night after graduation we had a sleepover here in the basement but Rendell wanted to go down to the caves. Allison your mother and father had already snuck off to find this massive door with statues then the rest of us found the Omega door. Your father became obsessed with opening it and we all went because the keys had only brought good things into our lives."

"How do you remember any of it? The keys....... the magic..... we thought once you become an adult you forget." Kinsey said looking at Tyler and I.

"We found a way, after Rendell opened the black door there was this bright blue light and these things shot out from the other side like bullets glowing bullets. I saw one of them hit Lucas, Rendell and Lucas managed to shut the door and Lucas said he was fine and he did seem fine but later.........."

I squeezed Tyler's hand and he looked at me with sad eyes then back at Ellie.

"I think it's easier if I show you" she showed us the head key before sticking it in her neck. A greyish door appeared and so did other Ellie.

"Rufus and Bode stay here and keep watch, we'll be back soon" Ellie informed. Tyler pulled me up and we walked hand in hand to the door with Kinsey behind us. We walked in and down into a memory of Ellie's.

"We got back from the caves at night, to get some sleep after opening the black door and that's when it started with Lucas." I saw my biological mum and dad sleeping by each other in their sleeping bags, I softly smiled and my dad leaned his forehead on my mum's and she smiled in her sleep.

Lucas and Mar were fighting, dad looked to the side and saw Lucas threatening Mark. Everyone else began to wake up to see what was happening, a girl named Kim went to use the fire key to stop Lucas but he threw her into into some shelves killing her on impact.

"Kim!" Mum screamed trying to reach her friend but dad kept a firm grip on her.

"He's not Lucas anymore!" Dad exclaimed, a boy named Jeff went to attack but Lucas snapped his neck. I gasped in shocked then looked at Ellie from now. Young Erin ran down to him and tried waking him away, in shock to process that he was dead.

Mum finally got out of dad's arms and ran to push Lucas out of the way as he was about to attack Erin. Lucas pushed mum to side and she hit her head causing it to spilt open and bleed.

Dad raced down to her and held her face in his hands. He took of his jacket and held it to her head.

Rendell had pushed Lucas down to the ground and began hitting him with the hammer not stopping at the sounds of the screams.

"Rendell?" Young Duncan asked.

"Duncan saw what happened and we had no choice. We had to remove his memories put them somewhere he couldn't find them.

"The tree" Tyler whispered.

"When Lucas got hit by whatever came across from the other side, some kind of demon attached to him" we ended up by the cliffs and saw them with the bodies with white sheets on top of the,

"We created a story about how our friends had died, it was easier than telling the truth. No one would have believed us, so we told everyone that we went down to the caves and our friends drowned and they washed out to see, battered on the rocks" they threw all the bodies into the water and then stood in a group with all the keys.

"We made a pact to protect the keys and never use them again. Rendell took the Anywhere key and the Omega key. Erin took the head key, Mark took the matchstick key and your parents hid the ones they found around the house knowing they could trust each other. We gave Mark all the other keys as he was the most trustworthy and that's why he killed himself so no one could get inside his head" Ellie explained.

"What about you? What did you take?" Kinsey asked.

"The identity key and the Echo key" Ellie said.

"The Echo key?" I asked quietly.

"It can bring people back, but not in the way that I thought" we followed her to the Well house as Ellie continued to explain.

"I tried to go on with my life, but I couldn't. I couldn't let go of Lucas, other people were getting bigger lives. I just felt like I was disappearing and last year I hit my breaking point and I came to the Well house" we watched past Ellie enter the Well house and walked closer to see the scene unfold.

"Ellie" Lucas echoed.

"Lucas! Is that you?" She asked happily. He walked behind her and bent down so he was close by her.

"I'm here Ellie" she smiled and hugged him tightly.

"I promised I wouldn't use the key, but I just missed you so much" past Ellie said.

"Do you have any others?" He asked.

"Just this one" Ellie said handing him the identity key.

"I know you can't leave this place, at least I can see you now" she said smiling. Lucas sat her down then looked at her with a smile.

"I can leave, if you give me the anywhere key." He said.

"Rendell has it."

"Then get it from him!" Lucas snapped, he realised his tone then sat by her.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I'm just frustrated..... I want to get out of here so I can be with you" he explained recovering from his mistake.

"I want that too Lucas" she sniffled smiling. She hugged him and we followed Ellie as she turned around.

"That thing wasn't a Echo of Lucas, I didn't know I wasn't bringing him back. I didn't know that I was bringing back the demon that possessed him."

"You couldn't have known" Kinsey said.

"I promised I wouldn't use the keys, this is all my fault. We should go" Ellie said and we walked out.

I ran up to my room and began scurrying through my boxes looking for something that I remember being given at a young age.

"Come on where is it!" I exclaimed to myself. I saw that it had been stolen, I held my shaky hands to my mouth knowing things were about to get a lot worst.