Chapter 5

What do you mean?" Tyler asked.

"I'll show you, come on!" We followed him to his room and Tyler stood in front of Bode's mirror and it started moving all by itself. It was creepy, Tyler's reflection was waving his hand for real Tyler to follow.

"What the hell?" Kinsey asked.

"This can't be real" I said in disbelief.

"Mum?" Tyler asked.

"Tyler?!" Nina shouted.

"I have to go in!" He said and he was about to step in but Bode stopped him.

"No! Put this on" Bode said. I took it wrapped it around Tyler's waist and then tied it in a knot.

"Use this to get back, when you find her. Okay?" I asked looking up at him.

"Alright" he said.

"Be careful" Bode said worried as he stepped into the mirror.

All three of us held onto the rope, ready for it was time to get them out of there. I could hear Nina and Tyler shouting. It brought memories of the day back.

"Pull us out!" Tyler shouted, we all began pulling on the rope and pulled them out and stumbled back. We all fell on the ground, Bode hugged Nina and both me and Kinsey hugged Tyler.

"What the hell just happened?" Kinsey asked.

"I told you, these keys are for real business." Bode said holding up a fancy looking key.

"This is... what is this?" Nina asked.

"This house is full of magical keys" Bode said. I was rubbing Tyler's back trying to help him calm down, Nina looked like she was in a daze. It was freaky.

"Mum?" Kinsey asked.

"Are you okay?" Kinsey asked once Nina didn't reply.

"Fine, fine!" Nina said nodding.

"Did you two have fun at the party?" Nina asked looking at me and Tyler.

Tyler was struggling to get words out, he's probably in shock or close to being shocked. "The mirror" he spluttered out.

"It's nice right? It could use some polishing" Nina said standing up and looking at the mirror.

"Mum, you went through the mirror! And then you got lost inside!" Bode exclaimed.

"He's not lying" Tyler said.

"You were just in there" Kinsey said.

"We had to get Tyler to get you out" I said. Nina thought for a moment but it didn't seem like anything was registering.

"What are we talking about?" Nina asked. We looked at her confused, how isn't she remembering this.

"The mirror" Kinsey said slowly.

"Oh right, we can get you one for your room too. I'll add it to the list" Nina said picking up a washing basket and walked out. What the hell is going on? I thought.

We all looked at each other confused before heading to our rooms. I got into my pyjamas and sat on my bed staring at the wall that my bed faced. I tried sleeping but I couldn't, so I tried reading it worked for a little bit but my mind was all over the place. I walked to Tyler's room and knocked the door softly.

"Who is it?" I heard him ask, I opened the door a little bit so I could speak.

"It's me, Tyler" I said softly before I walked in. Tyler was staring at his roof then looked at me. I closed the door and sat on his bed. He sat up looking at me with concerned eyes, he held my hands and scanned my face for any clues or hints about my emotional state.

"Alli, what's going through your head?" He asked softly.

"I'm scared Ty, my head is spinning with memories of that day and I just want things to go back to normal" I whispered getting teary. Tyler pulled me into his arms, giving me a nice comforting hug. He looked at my face, he gave a tiny smile as he swiped my tears away with his thumbs. I sniffled and looked into his eyes with a sad smile.

"Everything will be okay, in the end we'll be okay. All of us, I just know it" I nodded and sighed. I yawned finally feeling tired and sleepy.

"Thank you Tyler" he nodded with a smile and laid down.

"Stay here tonight, I want to make sure you're going to be okay" he whispered. I laid down and Tyler placed the covers on top of me and smiled. We laid facing each other, for us this was normal. We did it all the time as kids.

"I remember the last time we did this, we were both 11 and oh what was his name..... Daniel Moore was giving you a hard time at school. So after we got put to bed you came to my room, you told me your troubles and I gave you a hug and told you everything would be alright then I told you to stay and we laid in my bed just like we are now" he said with a tired smile.

"Then the next day you kicked his ass" I said smiling. We both burst into laughter at the memory, for me that's one of the best memories I had with him.

"What happened at the party?" I asked quietly, he thought for a moment debating whether he should or shouldn't be tell me.

"I was talking to this girl, over time we went to a bedroom. I saw you on the floor, with the bullet wound and bleeding" he explained. I stared at him with sad eyes, I placed my hand on his cheek and softly smiled.

"I'm sorry" I whispered

"Allison, why are you sorry?" Tyler asked confused.

"I know who you were with, Eden Hawkins. She's pretty and also the most popular girl in the school. I did my research, so I'm sorry because I screwed your chances."

"You've got no reason to get sorry, you didn't do anything wrong. Allison, you're amazing and I worry about you and I care for you. Okay?" I smiled and slightly nodded. I left my hand on his cheek, he smiled and placed his hand on top of mine. He smiled and we just watched each other.

I closed my eyes for a slight moment, but I ended up falling asleep.