Chapter 26

I took a deep breath to hold and jumped into the water and started swimming. It was pitch black making everything harder, I think a wave came crashing through and the current bashed me into some rocks. I had lost the air I was holding and quickly swam to the small surface that was left. I took another breath and continued swimming. I felt two different set of arms wrap around me and I was pulled out of the water. The two set of arms gently laid me on the ground and I coughed up some water.

"Oh my god! Allison are you okay?" Tyler asked and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and hugged him slightly softer. I nodded and turned my head to sneeze so I didn't sneeze on him. Tyler pulled me up and didn't let go of me. I smiled softly and then smiled at Brooke and Luke.

"You guys okay?" I asked them, they nodded and smiled. All of us walked back home and inside. I turned to look at Luke and Brooke.

"Do you guys wanna stay?" I asked.

"I need to head home, sorry Alli. How about our movie night tomorrow?" Brooke said with a small smile, I nodded and hugged her goodbye and watched her leave.

"What about you?" I asked Luke.

"I can stay, I have clothes in my bag." He said and smiled. I nodded and kissed Tyler's lip. He smiled and hugged me softly giving me some body warmth.

Luke and I walked upstairs and I directed Luke in the direction of the spare bathroom. I walked into my bedroom connected bathroom and closed the bathroom door. I had a warm shower and then got into warm clothes. I opened my door and saw Luke about to knock. I smiled and let him in.

We spoke for a few hours before he left and went home. I walked to Tyler's room and sat on the bed with him and Kinsey.

"Did you get rid of Dodge?" I asked quietly, I rested my head on Tyler's shoulder and held his hand.

"Yep, she's gone and won't come back" I smiled softly and nodded.

"What was in the door?" Tyler asked.

"My parents, or at least I think it was them. They told me their version of the house fire, I left them in the room and that's when the water came" I explained to him. Tyler hugged me and kissed the top of my head. Kinsey softly smiled at us, Bode walked in and looked slightly worried.

"Where's Dodge?" He asked.

"She's gone, for good" Tyler said happily.

"So you threw her through the door in the cave?" Bode asked coming closer to the bed.

"Yeah" Tyler said,

"Are you sure it was Dodge?" He asked causing me to furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why would you ask that?" Kinsey asked.

"I went to Rufus' house, right?" Bode said looking at Kinsey.

"Right" Kinsey said slightly nodding.

"When I got there, Rufus was knocked out. So I called 911 and the police came and his mum was missing. And then when he woke up, he told me that Lucas did it" Bode said looking at Tyler as he was moving to look at Bode.

"Wait, what?" Tyler asked.

"Bode, have you seen Ellie?" I asked softly.

"Nobody knows where she is and since Lucas is Dodge I just wanted to make sure you guys got rid of her." Bode said quietly. Tyler brought Bode closer and placed his hands on Bode's upper arms.

"Trust me, she's gone" Tyler said softly.

"Tyler and I saw her get swallowed up in whatever was on the other side" Kinsey said. Tyler picked Bode up and placed him in the middle of Kinsey and himself. Kinsey pulled him into a hug and kissed his cheek.

"Okay? We're safe now" Tyler said and held his hand up. Bode placed his hand on Tyler's and they intertwined their fingers together.

"Okay" Bode said and sighed.

An hour passed and I was lying with Tyler in his bed. He was softly caressing my cheek and was smiling sleepily at me. I sighed in relaxation and in that moment it was just me and Tyler.