Chapter 9

The next morning I woke up and looked around at my surroundings, I sighed running my hand through my hair. I stood up and got dressed, I walked downstairs and saw Bode eating cereal. I smiled and prepared a bowl of cereal for myself and sat next to him.

"Mum went to the shops to get some things" Bode informed, I nodded with a small smile and ate my cereal. After I finished I was walking up the stairs and I began to hear whispering. I followed them and ended up in the attic, I looked around listening for the whispers. I saw a lamp with stars in it, I walked over to it and saw a key. I grabbed it and the whispers stopped, I rushed down the stairs to show Bode.

"Bode!" I shouted, he came running from the kitchen. I showed him the key and his face lit up.

"You can find keys too!" He exclaimed happily, I nodded with a smile and winked.

"I'm going to see if I can figure it out, you want to help me?" I asked looking at the key.

"Sure!" Bode exclaimed with a huge smile.

We looked around everywhere but couldn't find anything that matched the key. Bode and I gave up and started to do our own thing, I kept the key on me just in case anything happened. All day I was deciding if I wanted to use the head key and I had finally made up my mind but I wasn't going to use it now.

We were all at the school, watching the hockey game. Tyler was sitting on the sideline and I know him it's probably driving him insane, I sat away from Nina, Bode and Kinsey and stayed by myself. We lost by six points, the hockey teams went to the locker rooms to get changed from their uniforms. I stood up and walked out so I could catch up with the others, this guy walked up to me with a flirtatious smile.

"Hey, I'm Chad do you have anything planned?" He asked making me stop in my tracks.

"No, I just moved here so I've got no plans or anything to do" I explained stuffing my hands in my pockets.

( not the earrings, scarf or gloves)

"Do you want to go to this party? My cousin and I are hosting it" he said smiling.

"I'm good thanks" I said and tried walking away but he continued to follow.

"It will be lots of fun and then I can maybe show you around town" he added trying to convince me to come.

"You okay?" Tyler asked coming up to us.

"Let's just get outta here" I said looking at Tyler.

"Who is this? Your boyfriend?" Chad asked.

"Family friend" Tyler said protectively.

"You need to relax, I mean we're just having a conversation." Chad said smiling and turned his gaze to me.

"Is that how all your conversations go, you talk and she tries to flee?"

"Maybe you should sit this one out, like you did most of the game" uh oh.... Tyler took a step forward, trying to intimidate Chad.

"Tyler, let's just go" I said placing my hand on his shoulder knowing this is going to end badly. But Tyler didn't listen, he punched Chad and they had a little fight.

"Tyler" I said trying to get him away from Chad but he just pushed me away and I fell over scarping my wrist on the ground. I winced but hid my pain and stood up. A crowd was forming around us and kids were saying fight, fight, fight. Mob mentality. Am I right?

Guys got the two away and James walked over and took Chad away. We all arrived at home and everyone went off to bed, I grabbed a first aid kit and took my jacket off so I could look at the scrape on my wrist. I grabbed an alcohol wipe so I could clean it, I then grabbed a bandage but struggled to wrap it around my wrist.

I looked up and saw Tyler, he looked horrible and tired.

"Hey" I said quietly, he squinted his eyes so he could look at me. He then turned the light on and I blinked a few times so I could adjust to the light.

"I did this to you?" He whispered guilty and sat down next to me.

"Tyler, it's all good. I'm okay, you don't need to worry" I said quietly. He took the bandage from my hands and began wrapping my wrist up. I smiled and tidied everything up before sitting back down.

"Are you okay?" I asked, he shrugged with a sigh not meeting my gaze.

"Tyler, speak to me" I whispered.

"I hurt you, if I listened you wouldn't be hurt" Tyler said with guilt.

"Tyler, look at me. You've got no reason to feel guilty, okay?" He nodded and looked at me with a small smile.

"Now, you look like shit. Get some rest and we'll talk more in the morning" he chuckled and nodded giving me a salute. We walked to our bedrooms and fell asleep.