Chapter 10

I was in my room writing a new story, I decided to give myself a break. I looked at myself in the mirror, holding the key that I found in my hand and saw a key hole in the middle of my forehead. I placed it in my head and like the head key I was frozen and reappeared. I was looking at my room but filing cabinets were everywhere, I spun around looking at my newish surroundings.

"Whoa" I whispered and opened a draw, I looked at a file and softly smiled. It was a wish I made when I was ten, I smiled and placed it back. I discovered that these are wishes and if you rip it in half they become true. I didn't make any wishes though, I took the key out of my head and it dropped on the ground. I picked it up and placed it in my pocket and walked out. I knocked on Kinsey's door and it opened and I looked at Kinsey.

"Can I use the head key?" I asked, she nodded and grabbed it from a draw and handed it to me. I nodded and walked to Tyler's room, I knocked on the door and waited. It opened and Tyler looked at me and softly smiled. I held up the key and he then let me in.

"I'm ready, but I want you to come with me" I whispered.

"Are you sure?" He asked as I sat down on his bed.

"Positive" I placed the key into the back of my neck and appeared in front of the door.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Feel like I should be asking you that" he said, I smiled and opened the door.

Inside my head was a library, it was huge

Inside my head was a library, it was huge. I felt so tiny, Avril Lavigne music was softly playing in the background.

"What's that door for?" He asked quietly

"When I was living with my birth parents, we found that door on our property and it led to a secret garden" I said softly.

"All the books must be memories" I said.

"Is there anything in particular you want to see?" He asked looking up.

"Yeah" I said quietly and began walking up the stairs with Tyler following behind me. I found the area of books that I wanted and grabbed one. I opened in and the room changed. We were back in Seattle and in the backyard. Children's laughter rang through my ears and I turned around to see younger me and Kinsey.