Chapter 20

I was walking around the house looking at all the doors, I was trying to see if I could find the door for the key with the red rose. Tyler came up next to me and held my hand. I smiled softly and we looked together. Kinsey joined too with Bode by her side, we were in the basement now looking around. I saw a big book shelf with barely anything on it. But behind it I saw a keyhole and a handle.

"Guys! I think I found something!" I shouted, Tyler walked over with a hammer in his hands and began smashing the wood. We all looked at the door, to me it looked like a puzzle door. I grabbed the key from my pocket and unlocked the door, Tyler held my hand and Bode held the other. Kinsey held Bode's other hand and we all walked in. The room was dark at first then a blinding light lit the room up.

Once it disappeared I opened my eyes and saw everyone was gone, I began to panic thinking that they could be dead

Once it disappeared I opened my eyes and saw everyone was gone, I began to panic thinking that they could be dead. But the room changed and I saw Bode on the other side of the room. A court jester appeared beside me scaring the crap out of me.

"If girl wants boy to cross she must lead him in the right direction. Too many mistakes and he will DIE!" he shouted, I looked at Bode with worried eyes. His life is going to depend on me, the court jester disappeared and the floor lit up with a bunch of different colour and letters. Pink, orange, purple and yellow. I saw a sign I jogged over and read it.

"Family has spent days on days in fear and pain but what is the way to stay truely with them?" I read out and ran back to where I was before.

"Bode! Tell me the letters in the first row!" I shouted and could see him nodded.

"A, Z, Y, U, L, P, Q, T, S, B, M and K!" He shouted, I thought for a moment going through all the possibilities in my head.

"Bode, step on the U!" I shouted and he did. The pink tile turned to green saying that it was correct, I sighed in relief and looked back at Bode.

"Bode tell me the next line!" I shouted desperate to keep him safe.

"O, L, E, Z, X, N, Q, S, L, T, G and I!" He shouted, once more I went through my head guessing every letter and then decided to go with N. The first word was Understanding and we had only made two mistakes.

Bode jumped on an A it lit up green and then he ended up spelling and. We worked together to come up with the next word, I was flooding my brain with thoughts trying to keep him alive.

"Kindness!" I shouted, he jumped on tile to tile to spell out kindness. Once he came across I wrapped him in a hug never letting him go.

"Are you okay?" I asked worried, he nodded with a smile but then he disappeared.

"Bode!" I shouted standing up, looking around for him. A door appeared I cautiously opened it and entered. The door disappeared and I saw I was in a different outfit. I then looked up at and saw Kinsey in a similar outfit, she was just as confused as me. The room was fully white making me and Kinsey stand out as we were in mostly black clothes.