Chapter 8

We climbed into the box, it was an arcade. This is awesome! But also freaky at the same time.

"Am I just super high?" Tyler asked, if I wasn't in my current state I'd probably laugh at that. I heard Bode cheering, I looked up and saw another Bode cheering and jumping on a trampoline.

"What's that?" Kinsey asked.

"That's my glee, feelings can become living things here too" Bode explained.

"How do you know that?" Tyler asked.

"I just do, it's my head" Bode said with a shrug. He opened a jack-in-a-box and the room changed, we were in Bode's old room from Seattle.

"There we go," Rendell began. Placing a final glowing star on Bode's wall. "Orion's belt complete" he finished.

"What is this?" Tyler asked.

"We're inside one of my memories" Bode said, not looking away from dad.

"Dad!" Kinsey exclaimed and grabbed to grab his hand but it didn't work.

"He can't hear you, I already tried" Bode said sadly. I frowned and gave him a hug.

"You too tired for a story tonight, buddy?" Dad asked.

"Never" Bode said .

"How about we give Peter Pan a break and I tell you a Rendell Locke original?" Dad asked sitting on the bed.

"I don't know" Bode said almost dragging the words out.

"Yeah... maybe you're not ready for the one with the sea monster, it's too scary." Dad said shaking his head.

"Sea monster?" Bode asked.

"Yeah" dad said.

"See there was this very old fisherman and he's sailing the ocean with his trusted shipmates. Well.... one day they find themselves in the middle of this huge storm and they got so turned around that they ended up on a remote island that wasn't on any map. As they explored around looking for food and shelter, they come across a chest buried in the sand. When they opened the chest, they discovered it was full of gold..."

"I thought you said there was a sea monster" Bode said yawning.

"Oh, I'm getting there" dad said chuckling.

"I think I remember this one" Kinsey said softly.

"They decided to take it home with them, but while they were trump to drag the chest back to their ship they were suddenly attacked by a vicious sea monster!...."

Our Bode from now chuckled at the precious memory.

"He chewed up their whole ship so they couldn't escape, it was its job to protect the treasure and make sure....."

We ended up in the arcade, Kinsey looked at Bode with a confused look.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I think I fell asleep before I got to hear the rest of the story" Bode said placing they box down.

"Probably for the best, that story got dark" Tyler said looking at me and Kinsey.

"What are you talking about? It had a happy ending." Kinsey said.

"If you say so" Tyler said looking away.

"I remember so, Allison how do you remember the story?" Kinsey asked.

"Oh, remember the time when you said I wasn't family? And you didn't want my opinion?" I asked glaring at her.

We climbed out of the box and Bode took the key out of frozen Bode's neck. The key dropped on the ground and Bode turned around to pick it up. Tyler closed the door and leaned against it.