Chapter 27

The next morning, I woke up with a small yawn and opened my eyes to see  Tyler propped up on his elbow with a small smile. I smiled at him, feeling really great. Knowing Dodge is gone and finally realising I've always been better off the way things turned out I've woken up to happy start.

"Morning" I said with a bright smile.

"Morning, beautiful" he said back and kissed my lips. I smiled and stood up dragging Tyler wth me.

"Come on! I'm feeling great! Let's get dressed and have breakfast" I exclaimed with a smile. Tyler smiled and nodded before I walked out. I walked to my room and got into a long white dress with a bit of flowers on it and a short denim jacket.

 I walked to my room and got into a long white dress with a bit of flowers on it and a short denim jacket

(Not the bag, sunglasses or jewellery)

I walked out and saw Tyler walking out of his room. All of us walked downstairs and saw Uncle Duncan. Mum had made us a delicious breakfast. For once, I actually felt like we were a proper family. We were all happy and all in a good mood.

"Does anyone know what happened to dad's car? I was driving it to the store this morning and something's wrong with the steering. It was shaking and wobbling. I felt like I was riding in a blender! Guess I'll have to take it to the shop, when I was at the store I saw Bernadette from school. Nobody has heard a word about Ellie." Mum explained.

"Nothing?" Kinsey asked.

"No, so weird. What about Rufus?" Nina asked.

"He slept at his neighbour's and his aunt and uncle are flying in from Nebraska this morning" Duncan explained.

"Anyway," Mum started with a sigh. "Before everyone runs off, we need to have to have a little family meeting. It's important and you're gonna need to hear this too" Mum started and looked at Uncle Duncan.

"Okay..." Kinsey said looking at mum.

"What about?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah" Duncan said.

"I made a mistake, moving us here. I thought it was a good idea at the time, I wanted to learn more about your dad's past and I thought the change would do us good. But I dragged all of you out here against your wishes, and now we get to go back home."

WHAT?!?! NO!

"This house is in good enough shape for us to sell, we can use that money to buy a great new house in Seattle and that will be our house! We'll just consider this a necessary little side trip, at least for me. But now, we get to go back to our normal lives." She looked at us all and we all had the same expression.

NO! NO! NO!

"O-okay, don't everybody jump for joy all at once." Mum said chuckling.

"Mum, I hate to ruin your moment but we all actually like it here." I said giving her a warm smile.

"Yeah, I mean it did seem like a shitty idea at the time." Tyler said and looked at me with a smile.

"And now we love it here" Bode said smiling.

"I wouldn't say love it, but I don't wanna move again. Allison, she's got friends that aren't us. She didn't have that back in Seattle." Tyler said, still looking at me but then turned to mum.

"Seriously? You wanna stay?" Mum asked.

"Yeah, definitely" Tyler said and held my hand.

"I thought you guys hated this place" Mum said with a smile.

"We did, trust me we all did. But then we didn't hate this place" I said smiling

"Because we finally got good wifi." Bode said and we all laughed.

"And maybe dad didn't always love it here, but this place is still part of who he is. We like being here, where he lived." Kinsey said with a smile.

"I'm not sure that I get a vote, but you're the best thing that happened to this place. Since at least the 1890s" Duncan said and we all chuckled again.

"Okay. Well, I'm still processing all of this." Mum sniffled and my face softened from my smile.

"I really felt like I made a horrible mistake." Mum said with some tears brimming in her eyes.

"You didn't" Kinsey said softly and stood up hugging mum. Tyler and I joined, then Uncle Duncan.

"Hey.... what about me?" Bode asked standing up.

"It's not a group hug without me!" Bode exclaimed and we all smiled.