Chapter 6

"Alli, wake up" Tyler said rocking me awake.

"Go away" I mumbled, not moving or opening my eyes. I didn't want to get up for a few reasons:

1) it's nice and warm
2) I don't want to go to school
3) my head was running with thoughts, mainly about Tyler and my feelings for him

I fell back asleep, but the drop of a pin could wake me up. I felt the heavy and warm blankets get ripped from my skin and I was struck with cold air. I sat up quickly and glared at Tyler. Who had a smirk tugging at his lips

"You're mean" I said and stood up. I helped him make his bed before I went to my room and got dressed.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked down the stairs with Tyler following behind me. Bode and Kinsey where using the mirror key, I turned my head to look at Tyler and we both raced down the stairs and grabbed the key.

"What are you doing?" I asked, Kinsey rolled her eyes and stepped away.

"Bode..." Tyler said bending down to his height.

"Is this the only key you found?" Tyler asked.

"Yes..." Bode said hesitantly.

"Wait, what about the one you took out of my bracelet? The one you said could take you anywhere in the world" Kinsey asked coming over.

"I lost it" Bode stammered.

"You just lost a key that could take you anywhere? You were so excited about it, I don't get how you could of lost it" Kinsey said with a scoff.

"Kinsey, give him a break. I'm sure he has a good enough reason, like he left it somewhere and then when he came back it was gone or something else" I said trying to take the pressure off of Bode. He looked up at me and gave me a grateful smile.

"You don't get to voice an opinion in this, you're not his sister I am

"You don't get to voice an opinion in this, you're not his sister I am. You're not family" Kinsey spat out. I was shocked and hurt. Kinsey is never like this, I thought she liked me. I started to walk out but Tyler grabbed my hand to stop me. I pulled my hand away from his and walked out.

"Hey, Allison!" Javi exclaimed with a smile, he was leaning against his car and was most likely waiting for Tyler.

"Hi" I said and stopped in front of him so I wasn't being rude.

"You want a ride to school?" He asked.

"No thank you, I'm good" I said. He nodded and I continued on my way. I got to school and continued on like nothing is wrong, like Kinsey didn't hurt me or the events from last night. I walked to my locker and heard students talking about me and the party. I am never going to get away from the whispers am I? I thought.

I walked to class and sat at the back. Everyone was staring at me, I looked down at my desk and waited for the class to start. The class ended and I quickly hurried out.

It was now lunch and I wanted to have something to do so I walked to the room with all the sign ups. I saw a writing one, write to help aspiring kids who are struggling to achieve.

"Hey, can I sign up please?" I asked with a smile. The girl looked at me and stood up.

"One moment please" I nodded and watched her walk to another girl. She whispered something to her and they both looked up and began laughing. I turned around and walked out. I bumped into Tyler and tried walking away but he grabbed my hand and took me to an empty classroom.

"Tyler, what are you doing?" I snapped.

"Why are you mad at me? I'm trying to help" Tyler said kindly.

"Well don't! Kinsey is right I'm not a Locke, I'm not apart of this family. I don't even have a family, because they're dead!" I shouted with anger, sadness and helplessness.

"Alli, I don't know what made Kinsey say that but you are family, mum loves you, I know dad loved you, Bode adores you and you're the most important person in my life since forever" I looked at him all of my previous emotions disappearing.

"Say something" he said quietly.

"Are you telling me the truth?" I asked with a voice crack.

"I wouldn't lie to you, I'll do everything I can to make sure you are well" he said softly. I smiled and then took a long breath as Tyler hugged me. I love you, is all I wanted to say. I wanted to tell him how I feel but I wouldn't do that because he's the only one I can talk to right now.

Tyler and I headed off to our next classes, I was in History and I wasn't happy as I saw James. I took my seat and started taking notes that were pre written on the board. Our teacher seems to put notes on the board before the class actually starts.

Two minutes later the teacher walked in and we began taking notes while the teacher droned on. He should be a hypnotist, his voice is so slow and it's making me tired.

"Hey Allison, this is for you" James said and handed me a note.

You weirdo, is that why you wouldn't have sex with me?
Because of a stupid scar? What's so bad about it?
You made a fool of me in front of everyone!
So I am going to make a fool of you!

I placed the note in my pocket and continued taking notes down, along with trying not to fall asleep.

James walked past me and bent down next to my ear and started whispering.

"I know why, you were shot by someone you went to school with. I also know all your thoughts and who you like..." I looked at him wide eyed and saw he was holding my diary, I snatched it out of his hands and placed it in my bag.

"Leave me alone!" I whispered.

"Your heart stopped beating as they preformed surgery, but you were lucky and survived." He was taunting me and was trying to get a reaction from me.

"Just shut up! And leave me alone!" I shouted, he sat back at his desk and smirked.

"Allison gather your things and go to the principal's office" the teacher writing a note. I placed my stuff in my bag and walked up to his desk and took the note from his hand. I stormed out and into the office. I gave the lady at the front desk a note and then took a seat.