Chapter 45

Tyler looked at Allison wide-eyed, he watched as a man came up behind the two, Tyler then turned around as he listened to Jackie scream and growl. He ran over to Allison, watched as she took the key from him and place it in her back. He twisted it for her, then watched as the man exploded into dust, he stood there confused and then helped Allison up. She smiled at him, tears running down her face as she hugged him as tight as she could. He kissed her cheek, holding her in his arms and then turned to face Jackie. 

She had black stain tears falling from his eyes and struggled to breathe. They watched as she dropped to the ground, not moving and not breathing. They were both shocked, called the ambulance and waited. Tyler looked at Allison, worried for her, he didn't want to lose her not after he just got her back. 

"I'll be fine, I-I-I don't know why that happened to Jackie, I'm so sorry. Tyler, please, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He planted kisses on the top of her forehead, rubbing her back and rocking her to ease her sadness. 

"It's not your fault Allie, I'm just glad you're here." He whispered, continuing to hold her as he listened to her speak. 

"That man, he was a vampire-echo, Jake used a key on me. It made that thing attached to me and took my blood. I should've listened to you when we had that argument, you were right I'm too naive, Donna after she helped me kill Jake, she turned me on... you were right." 

After they got Jackie taken in by the paramedics, they went home, Allison in Tyler's bed. Getting proper sleep for once since she was taken. Tyler spoke with Kinsey, hurting, blaming himself for killing Jackie instead of just the demon inside her. After he had a go at both Kinsey and Nina, he made them leave and laid with Allison, holding her in his arm. He let tears fall from his eyes, all of them hitting Allison, she stirred awake and looked at him with sadness. She hugged him, silence filling the room, Tyler was just glad to have her back and away from everyone else.

"I'm glad you're back." He whispered, caressing her cheek with his bandaged hand, she took it gently. Looking at him worriedly, he shrugged, clearing his throat before he whispered. 

"It's from when I was making the key, how's your hand, Allie?" He questioned, seeing it still wrapped up in a cast, she shrugged letting him know it was fine. 

"Promise me, that as we face Donna, you won't try to be a stand-alone hero." 

"I promise." She whispered to him, planting a kiss on his cheek and cuddled with him. The two fell asleep together, getting all the rest they needed before tomorrow. The next morning they discussed their plan, talking about everything that they would do to stop Gabe and the demons. Tyler, Duncan, Allison and Scot snuck into the house, crouching down so they wouldn't be seen by all the others. They walked to the elevator, got in and went down. Allison stared at the room, confused as she never picked up that her room was in the vault. 

"Let's go!" She exclaimed, running down with the others and squeaked as Tyler grabbed her arm yanking her back as the shadow demons appeared. They disappeared, allowing them to make their way back down to the vault. Duncan used the fire key to start to open the vault, the other three each had a key of their own to fight the incoming demons. Scot had the Hercules key, Tyler had the Alpha key and Allison had the dagger key. 

Allison stabbed the ground, watching as some of the demons fall in as they started to fight. They killed most of them, but then more started to come. Allison watched as Dodge appeared, behind the other demons with Donna at her side. Allison grabbed the dagger key and ran with the other two as the demons listened to Dodge's orders, charging after all of them. The demons grabbed onto each of them, trying to pull them away from the vault. 

"Stop!" Duncan shouted, gasping as they did as he said. 

"Holy shit." Tyler gasped, reaching for Allison's hand for comfort. 

"What just happened?" 

"I think it's because I made the Demon key," Duncan explained, staring at the frozen demons. 

"Turn around... Yeah, my blood is tied to it." 

"So, they'll do whatever you say?" 

"Get Dodge." They all ran after her, ignoring Dodge's cries and fought her off. Allison turned back to the vault, pushed the circular piece of metal out of the way, then used Tyler as a booster and squeezed through the hole, they watched her through the hole, following her with their eyes as she jogged to the medical freezer that was by the hospital bed. She opened the door, looked at the blood bags that held her blood and watched the key fall through the racks, she grabbed it, placed her blood back in and then ran back to the vault door, she passed it through the hole and then took Tyler's hand. 

"Go, I'll get out." 

"You promised me you wouldn't be the stand-alone hero!" He shouted, she kissed his hand and smiled at him. 

"You'll die waiting for me to get out of that hole, I'm not dying, I've got the dagger key." Duncan pulled Tyler away, trusting that Allison would get out. Allison watched as Dodge used the plant key, causing large vines to form and start to destroy the house. 

Allison used the dagger key once more, jumped into one of the portals, the key forming in her hand as she started travelling through the portal she was in. She yelped as Donna grabbed onto her, causing her to fall out of the portal and back into the house.