Chapter 41

Allison watched Kinsey, Bode, Jamie, Tyler and Duncan run down, trying to save Erin from the vines, their emotions become more intense as they failed to help her. Tyler bent down to the two youngest children, looking them in the eye as he saw Allison shivering in the snow. He could see her colour fading, could see blue tints on her lips and blood droplets on the snow near her. 

"Do not turn around until I say so, okay?" Both nodded, not turning around and Tyler ran over to Allison, he could see the swelling in her hand and knew something bad had happened. She gave a forced smile, trying not to look at Erin and the others. He slowly picked her up and clenched his eyes shut as he heard her cries of pain. 

"Shhh, I've got you, I'll get you to a hospital." He whispered, picking her up bridal style, taking her and the youngest two out of the maze. He called the paramedics, placing his beanie on her head and his jacket over her shoulders to keep her warm. She was taken to the hospital, leaving him to look after Bode and Jamie. The four of them sat in the waiting room of the hospital, discussing everything in whispers. They discussed their plan to lure Gabe in back at Key House, 

A nurse came over, clearly tired and in need of a coffee but had urgency covering his features. Tyler stood up, fiddling with his hands. 

"She just came out of surgery, she's still out of it, the damage to her hand was quite severe but they fixed it up nicely. She'll need to stay in the hospital for a few hours, you can pick her up around 12 pm if everything has gone well. One of you can pop in, then I'm sorry but you must go." Tyler thanked the nurse and followed him to Allison's room, he smiled as he checked in on her, seeing her sleeping with a large cast around her hand and blankets layered on top of her. 

"Hey, Allie, I'll see you soon. I love you and I don't care what you say, but I'm not letting you do anything on your own again." He planted a kiss on her forehead, walked out and went home with the others. 

Allison woke up confused, she looked at her hand which felt heavy and noticed the cast around her hand. A huff escaped her lips, she hated being in the hospital and just hoped she could leave soon. She got a sling placed on, had some of the breakfast food and watched some 90s show on the box tv in the corner of the room. 

Tyler came back an hour before she was to be discharged with a bag of clothes. Allison looked to the door, a smile on her lips as she saw him and planted a kiss on his cheek, as he bent down to kiss her lips. He chuckled gently, kissing her lips and looking at her hand, frowning and then smiled back at her. 

"I heard you last night, when you popped in, I was just starting to wake up from the drugs. I understand, I don't know why I thought I could do this. James is dead, Jake's disappeared somewhere. I don't really know what to do, just make sure I don't do anything stupid again please." 

"Of course." He whispered, planting a kiss on her forehead and then slowly helping her sit up. 

"You're going to have to help me with dressing myself, cooking, not laughing at me when I struggle to brush my teeth... shit! I can't type anymore." She whined, throwing her head back and gave him the finger as he laughed at her words. 

"I can definitely do all those things for you, I can help you with your stories if you tell me what to write." He promise, grinning as she nodded happily. Tyler helped her to the bathroom, carrying the bag to the bathroom as well. He undid the hospital gown, handed her underwear and then turned around so she could fix herself up. 

"Ty." He turned around hearing her voice, seeing her pained look and realised that she couldn't properly place her bra on. He nodded, signalling for her to turn around and clipped the bra on the clasps. He walked to the bag, grabbed a dress and showed her it, watching her nod as she stared at it. 

"I figured it would be the easiest thing for you to wear. I then have leggings, your boots and your shrug coat-thingy." She smiled, nodding and used his assistance to put on the dress, it had a zipper at the front, going all the way down so she placed it on like a jacket and then zipped it up. He placed her shrug on her, trying to be careful with her hand and then helped with her legging and shoes. He placed a beanie on her head, smiling at her and planted a kiss on her lips. 

"Warm?" He questioned, making sure she was warm enough before they'd go outside. 

"Yeah." 

They got Allison discharged, into the car, and comfortable. Tyler placed a blanket over Allison and smiled at her, planting a kiss on her cheek before he started heading home. Tyler filled Allison in on what was happening, he knew it would be hard to convince her to stay in the house, but knew she would want to be a part of what was happening. 

"I told mum that you slipped last night, she freaked out." Allison nodded a smile on her lips and thanked him quietly. Allison was surprised to see Scot and gave a wave, before making her way to Tyler's room. She laid on his bed, smiling as he placed her laptop on the bed and a bowl of food. 

"Stay in here, despite what you hear. Okay?" 

"Okay." She whispered, watching him walk out and leave her in the room. Allison hated the fact that she didn't know what was happening, she was also glad that Tyler had a bathroom inside his room so she wouldn't have to go to one of the one's outside of the room. Allie watched some things on the laptop, trying to refrain from moving at the sounds of those outside of the room she was confined to.