Chapter 21

I looked at the mysterious guy finally remembering everything. I stopped dancing with him and began running away searching for a way out, I pushed through everyone dancing and pushed open two giant doors and stumbled through. The music, chatter and other noises died down and everything was silent. A bunch of lights turned on and I saw Tyler in a glass box. I ran over and he looked up relief covering his face.

"Tyler" I whimpered placing my hand on the glass. He placed his hand where mine was and had teary eyes. The court jester came back and grabbed my wrist pulling me away from the glass cube.

"Lover boy! It's either you take the challenge, or she takes it! Which way is it going to be?" The court jester asked.

"I'll take her place!" Tyler shouted, I looked at him with wide eyes. In seconds Tyler and I changed spots and I was in the glass cube. I couldn't hear anything they were talking about, the glass cube started filling up with water and Tyler looked at me worried. The water was up to my ankles and it stopped I'm guessing for the next question.

Tyler kept getting questions wrong, so the water kept rising. It was up to my neck and kept going until it was above my head. I held my breath trying to keep the air in. Tyler than ran over to the cube and crashed into with a lot of force. It shattered everywhere and I began breathing again. He hugged me and took the mask off throwing it to the side. I smiled and kissed his lips softly, he helped me up and we both looked at the court jester.

It smirked and snapped its fingers and we were suddenly in a different room. It was my old room in Seattle, we both stood face to face with myself. Me or maybe I'll say she held a gun at the both of us, I knew what this was. You face your own enemy here and I'm my own enemy, I stood in front of Tyler keeping him as safe as I could. He wrapped his arm around me before I could do anything too stupid.

"You don't scare me anymore, I finally feel great. I've got a loving boyfriend who has always been there for me and I've got family. Even if they aren't all here or don't all love me I've still got them, but most importantly I've got myself and I don't need anything else" I said to the image in front of me.

The room faded instantly and we both ended up outside. Back inside the manor, I was back in my usual clothes. I looked to the side and saw Tyler. I hugged hum tightly and slightly whimpered, I can't believe I almost lost him. All because of a stupid masquerade ball, he held my face in his hands and softly smiled giving me a kind and loving look.

"Allison! Tyler!" Bode yelled and came down hugging us. I chuckled and smiled hugging him too glad that he is okay. Kinsey came up to us and sighed in relief she hugged both of us then ushered Bode away. Tyler helped me stand up and then I saw a blue gem shining in the door, I opened a small draw in the door and saw a key. I took the other key out of the door and placed it in my pocket.

 I took the other key out of the door and placed it in my pocket

Tyler and I walked to his room and laid on his bed. I rested my head on his chest while he had his arms wrapped around me. I listened to his heart softly beat and smiled at the steady rhythm.

"You know you looked very beautiful in that dress, well you're always looking beautiful" I giggled and looked up at him. He kissed my forehead and then we stayed in silence.