2: Not meant to be TOGETHER

Ratiyan kaari kaari ratiyan
Ratiyan andhiyari ratiyan
Chaand ki saheli hai
Kitne dinon ke baad
Aayi woh akeli hai
Chuppi ki birha hai
Jheengur ka baaje saaz

Anirudh was standing on the terrace, observing the decorations he had done all day before going to his friend, Sourabh's wedding.

"Whatever I want to tell you, whatever you want to hear from me. I will tell you that thing today. And the moon, the night, will be the witness of my expression", remembered Anirudh the words he said to his childhood love this morning itself. 

"You call this virtue! If this is what you call virtue, then I am the SINNER!", remembered Anirudh the words he said to the girl's uncle.

"The shadow only supports the light! But I, Anirudh Roy Chaudhury, will support her even in the dark!", rememberd Anirudh the words he said to the villagers.

"Now she is my wife! I dare you touch her once again! ", remembered Anirudh the words he said to the villagers after filling the girl's partition with the sindoor of his name.

Anirudh fell down on his knees, placing his face between his palms, crying bitterly. Never in his wildest dreams he would have thought to take such an important decision of his life in this way. That too with the girl he doesn't even know! His breaths were becoming heavy. 

Suddenly he stopped crying. Something struck in his mind, and he started running downstairs.

"She will still be waiting for me! I have to talk to her! I have to make her understand", murmurred Anirudh under his breath while rushing towards the door, without noticing  two souls, who were still standing in the living area.

_____________________________________________

Raat hamari to
Chaand ki saheli hai
Kitne dinon ke baad
Aayi woh akeli hai
Sanjha ki baati bhi koi bujha de aaj
Andhere se jee bhar ke
Karni hain baatein aaj

"How much do you want me to wait Anirudh! Just come and say those words I want to listen", said a girl standing infront of her mirror, as if taking the last touch before she could represent herself before the person she had loved dearly. Or to be more precise, loved the money and name of the person she mentioned.

The girl was cladded in a beautiful off-yellow saree. Her hair was tied in a loose braid, some strands flowing with the cool breeze entering through the open window. Chains attached with her hair securing the tops so that it would not fall down. Beautiful anklets adorned her ankles. In a whole,she was looking like a moon. A moon without any scars. She was just perfect by her look, but not by heart.

"Offoo! How much more time! Went to attend a marriage or to get married!", sighed she. Little did she knew that her love has married someone else for real!

Knock! Knock!

Someone knocked at the door. She opened the door to find a lady in her 70s, standing infront of her with a calm yet stern face.

"Dida! Dida, did he return? See! It's too late! But he still isn't coming!", urged the girl.

"Saudamini! He is back", said her Dida with a calm face.

"Really!", saying this she started to run towards the door.But what she listened next made her stop at the door itself.

"Mini! He is back", said Dida,"with his WIFE", emphasizing on the word 'patni'.