7: Who's That!

It has been eight days since Bondita has come to Roy Chaudhury Haveli. The emptiness of a woman in the haveli was filled up by her. The jingling sound of anklets from morning to night was a music for others. Her morning aarti along with her nightingle sound acts like alarm to Roy Chaudhury men. 

Som and Triochan always join her for aarti, while the other men join later. This scene was rare but beautiful, and a change in the big haveli indeed !

Anirudh and Bondita's friendship was getting more strong. Within one week, they had developed their relation, in a good way. They read books in his study together at night. He had made her learn how to make coffee. Well, to be honest, Bondita makes much more better coffee than Anirudh.

 Binoy doesn't talk to Bondita. He never even tries to! It seems like a very difficult task for him to accept her as his Bahu. Or to be more precise, the Badi Bahu of the Roy Cahdhury Haveli.

Batuk still do not consider her as Boudi. Because for him, Saudamini is still his Boudi! Anyways, he never stops bantering with her. That's the first thing he does after waking up in the morning. Well...Can we name them partners in crime and craziness? Maybe, in future!

Saudamini has not showed herself from that day. The day when she witnessed Anirudh and Bondita's closeness. Infact, everyone prayed that Saudamini should not come infront of Bondita.

On the eighth day, Trilochan had arranged a Satya Narayan Pooja for wellbeing of the family and the newly wedded couple of the house. Anirudh and Bondita were supposed to sit for it.

"Arre Bihari! Kahan mar gaye! Jaao jaake phool aur maala mandir mein rakho!", shouted Trilochan.

"Ji Malik! Abhi rakhwa deta hoon", saying this, Bihari left.

"Pata nahi Bahu aur Anirudh kahan reh gaye. Aaj unhe Devipur ke liye bhi nikalna hai, Ashtamangala ki rasam ke liye. Pohonchte pohonchte raat ho jaayegi. Yeh dono bhi na", murmured Trilochan under his breath and was going to call Anirudh. But was stopped by Binoy.

"Da! Mein factory jaa raha hoon. Raat tak laut aaunga", said Binoy. He was about to left, but was stopped by Trilochan.

"Ruko Binoy!", called out Trilochan.

"Da mein abhi koi baat-", Binoy was cut off by Trilochan.

"Binoy! Jo hua usse bhool jaao. Saaalon pehle jo hua tha usse bhi. Aur kuch din pehle jo hua usse bhi", said Trilochan in stern voice.

"Par Da-", he was again stopped by Trilochan.

"Ek baat ko gaanth bandhlo Binoy. Bondita abb iss ghar ki badi bahu aur Anirudh ki patni hai. Yeh sach hai, aur tum toh kya! koi bhi isse nahi badal sakta", said Trilochan.

"Kya nahi badal sakta Kaka?", asked Anirudh coming from study, folding his sleeves on his way. He was wearing a lime yellow coloured kurta and white dhoti.

Trilochan and Binoy became nervous seeing him. Had he listened something!

"Arre Anirudh! Tum yahaan?", asked Trilochan nervously.

"Kyun Kaka? Nahi aa sakta kya?", asked Anirudh furrowing his eyes in confusion.

"Han han! Kyun nahi!", said Trilochan looking here and there.

"Arre Anirudh! Bahu kahan hai? Niche nahi aayi? Pooja ke liye tum dono ko baithna hai. Phir Devipur ke liye bhi toh nikalna hai na", said a concerned Trilochan. Well, to be honest, he was trying to cover up the situation.

Anirudh was about to say something when Koyeli came and interrupted.

"Maaf kijiyega Malik. Woh Choti Malkin ne kaha ki woh pandraah (15) minute mein aa jayengi niche", saying this, Koyeli went away to do her work.

"Thik hai koi baat nahi. Anirudh! Tum baith jaao. Bahu aayegi toh baith jayegi", instructed Trilochan.

"Thik hai Kaka" said Anirudh.

"Da mein-", Binoy again was stopped by Trilochan.

"Binoy! Ghar mein pooja hai. Pooja khatam hone ke baad chale jaana", said Trilochan glaring at him.

"Thik hai Da", sighed Binoy and went towards mandir.

Aniudh and Trilochan were going towards the mandir when they heard a sound.

"Anirudh Dada! Kaka!", said the person.

"Chavi!", exclaimed Anirudh.

"Chavi Beta!", exclaimed Trilochan.

Chavi came smilingly and bent down to take their blessings.

In these few days, Chavi had grown a special relationship with the Roy Chaudhurys. Her father is the senior inspector of Devipur. She too belongs from a wealthy family, just like Roy Chaudhurys and Das'. Anirudh considered her as his little sister. While Trilochan and Binoy considered her as their own daughter

"Arre arre utho utho!", saying this Kaka made her stand up, keeping his hand on her head to give blessings. "Khush raho", blessed Kaka smilingly.

"Arre Chavi! Accha hua tum aa gayi. Maine socha ki aaj tumhaare darshan honge hi nahi", said Som greeting her. Well, it was more like teasing her!

"Ulte seedhe khayalat sirf tumhaare dimag mein hi aa sakte hain Somnath Roy Chaudhury", taunted Chavi making Som frown and others laugh.

"Chavi! Tumi kokhono amar sathe soja bhabe kotha bolte paro na! (Chavi! Why don't you ever talk straight to me!)", frowned Som.

"Tumi soja bhabe bhabte paro na kokhono!(Why don't you ever think straight!)", scoffed Chavi, rolling her eyes.

"Bas bas! Kitna jhagadte ho tum dono! Ghar sar par utha lo", scolded Trilochan.

Som and Chavi only glared at each other.

"Rehne dijiye na Kaka!", said Anirudh calming down Trilochan.

"'Chavi! Bondita apne kamre mein hai. Tum jaao usse mil lo", said Anirudh to Chavi.

"Aur usse niche bhi le aana", said Trilochan.

"Ji", said Chavi and went to Bondita's room.

Anirudh went to the mandir and sat in his place.

"Trilochanji! Badi Bahu ko bula lijiye. Pooja shuru karne ka samay ho chuka hai", said Panditji.

"Ji thik hai. Hum abhi Bahu ko bulwaate hain", said Trilochan.

He was going to call Bondita, when suddenly a voice stopped him.

"Kaka!", called the person.

The Roy Chaudhurys were schocked seeing the person. 

"Oh no!", muttered Som under his breath and immediately dashed upstairs to Bondita's room. 

Trilochan and Binoy became scared. Anirudh's mouth hung open.

"Tum!", exclaimed a schoked Anirudh.

_____________________________________

HEY LOVIES!

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE CHAPTER! A SHORT ONE INDEED!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK? WHO'S THAT PERSON?

THANKS @Saborna_shree Dii FOR THE BENGALI CONVERSATONS.

HIT THE STAR AND KEEP COMMENTING!

YOUR NEW WRITER, PARNIKA