15: Upside down

Anirudh was pacing back and forth in the living room. Bondita was in the temple, praying to her Dugga Maa. Batuk was enjoying his sondesh in the dining. Trilochan and Binoy were sitting silently, watching their eldest son and daughter-in-law in so much tension.

Trilochan and Binoy returned just fifteen minutes after Som leaved. They saw Som on the road and got tensed seeing him dashing towards the town. But nevertheless, they decided to return home. On returning home, they saw Anirudh pacing back and forth in the living area. While Bondit sat in the temple praying to Dugga Maa. After Anirudh informed them about Som, they too got tensed. They both liked Chavi. But now Som liking her made them concern. What if she refuses! What if Som's heart breaks due to that! Only Durga Maa knows what was happening there!

All the members came out of their trance when they heard a honk outside. Bondita rushed out of the mandir and stood near Anirudh.

Som entered the haveli with a tear striken face. His coat was in his hand. The bottons of his vest coat were open. His hairs were dishevelled.

All became horrified on seeing him in that state. Bondita's eyes became glossy.

Anirudh gathered some courage and went near Som. Holding his shoulders, he said,"koi baat nahi Som! Hum koi doosr-"

"Usne kaha Dada", muttered Som.

"Kya kaha usne?", asked Anirudh furrowing his eyes in confusion.

"Usne kaha, I Love You!", muttered Som with a smile.

Everyone's expressions changed from horrified to shocked. Smile crept on their lips.

Trilochan was confused by the english words. "Kya kaha?", he asked Binoy in his ears.

"Da, Chavi ne kaha ki woh bhi Som se prem karti hai", said Binoy only audible to Trilochan.

"Sach! Dugga Dugga!", prayed Trilochan joining his hands.

"She loves me too Dada!", exclaimed Som with teary eyes, a smile not leaving his lips. With this, he immediately took Anirudh into a tight hug.

"I knew it! Tu kar lega mujhe pata tha", said Anirudh patting his back.

Som broke the hug and his eyes went to Bondita. He went towards her and kept his right hand on her head, muttering a 'thank you'. If she would not have made him realize, he probably would never have did this confession. Bondita only blinked her teary eyes.

"Chalo accha hai! Abb hum Kar Babu se baat kar lenge tum dono ke baare mein. Phir uske baad tum dono ko jo karna hai kar lena", said Trilochan smiling. Binoy nodded his head in agreement.

"Matlab meri aur ek Boudi aane waali hai!", exclaimed Batuk in joy.

Anirudh and Bondita smiled at his statement, while Som couldn't help but blush.

Binoy and Trilochan were shocked from his 'aur ek Boudi'. Did Batuk accepted Bondita as his Boudi!

"Batuk! Aur ek!", exclaimed Binoy adjusing his specs.

"Han! Pehli toh meri Bondita Boudi hain na", said Batuk with a grin.

Trilochan sighed in relief. At last! Batuk accepted her!

"Accha accha thik hai! Abb tum sab jaao, araam karo", said Trilochan.

"Kaka Sasurji! Usse pehle sabka munh meetha karwaati hoon mein! Rukiye mein kheer leke aati hoon sabke liye", said Bondita. Everyone nodded.

Bondita was about to left, when a servant from Bhaumik Badi came there running.

"Anirudh Babu! Anirudh Babu!", called out the servent. Everyone turned their gaze on him.