55:'My Boni couldn't recognize me!'

Hello Lovies!

I know I am not being able to post regularly, but I am trying my best. Right now, please take this as my apology.

Happy reading!

__

It was early in the morning. About 6 AM when Devraj finally reached Tulsipur. 

It was Laxmi Puja. Alpana was beautifully drawn in front of every house. 

And if every house, then why not the big haveli!

Roy Chaudhury's mansion was decorated with yellow and orange marigolds. Big alpanas were drawn on every single step.

Trilochan sat in the temple with Maha Pandit as they made the preparations for puja.

Bondita was wearing a red banarasi saree. She, along with Sreetama and Chavi drew alpana in front of the mandir.

Anirudh, Som and Batuk came down in kurta and dhoti for the puja. 

"Bahu! Be quick! We have to start the aarti!", Trilochan said as he got up.

"Yes Kaka Sasurji! It is done!", she said and the three got up.

Anirudh, Som and Batuk joined the aarti. As Bondita, Chavi and Sreetama joined. Trilochan called Anirudh and Bondita out.

"Anirudh! Bahu! Come for aarti! Come!", he called them, and they came forward.

Anirudh and Bondita came forward and held the aarti plate.

Meanwhile Devraj reached in Roy Chaudhury Haveli. He came out of the car, to find the mansion decorated as he expected.

"Roy Chaudhury Haveli...", he whispered and smiled, as his eyes glistened.

He went inside the mansion, to find it exactly same as it was seven years ago. Just decorated due to Laxmi Puja.

He looked around, and saw the people in the temple. All in red and white.

He tried to observe them from afar.

He saw two couples standing in the back. He couldn't recognize them. Then his eyes went towards the two elders of the house. The two brothers, Trilochan and Binoy.

His eyes glistened as he saw them. 

Oh! It has been seven years since he saw them. His Lochan Kaka and Binoy Kaka. 

And then he noticed a couple doing aarti. In front of Durga Maa, they, with the aarti in their hands, together.

The man was in white kurta and red dhoti, while the woman, his wife was dressed in a red Banarasi saree.

His eyes scrunched as he tried to look and recognize them. He stepped forward a little, while the couple finally turned back as the woman had the aarti in her hands now.

He gave the aarti to his Lochan Kaka, Binoy Kaka and the other two couples too. She then came outside and gave aarti to the workers.

Oh! Bihari Kaka! He was still there!

But he was still not able to recognize the young men and women.

But then his mind clicked and he looked at them carefully.

Oh Durga Maa! They were... Som! Batuk! Chavi! 

Then... the woman with the proper married look was... Bondita!

Yes! His Boni! Their Mithi! Is it true! She... She grew up to be so beautiful!

He went closer. His eyes were on Bondita. 

As he neared, Bondita noticed him and scrunched her eyebrows.

"Who is he?", she muttered, and listening to her, Anirudh looked towards the direction she was looking.

Anirudh went near Devraj as he saw the later eyes fixated at his wife. He scrunched his eyebrows as he reached near him.

"Who are you? And how did you enter the mansion ?", he asked, making Devraj startle and look at him.

Anirudh Roy Chaudhury. Oni! His little Oni! Oh God! He is a man now! So handsome!

But before that, he was his little sister's husband!

Like what! His Boni's husband!!

Anger flashed in Devraj's eyes as he grabbed Anirudh's collar and tossed him down on the ground.

Everyone got startled to see the sudden commotion. 

"Pati Babu!", Bondita screamed as she saw Anirudh get beaten by a 'stranger'.

Bondita, Som and Batuk immediately ran towards the fighting duo.

As Som and Batuk stopped Devraj to further beat Anirudh, Bondita picked Anirudh, who by now had blood oozing from his lips.

"How dare you beat a Roy Choudhury!", Trilochan was extremely shocked and frustrated by the sudden fight. That too on a very auspiscious day like Laxmi Puja.

"Who are you? Do you not know where you are standing?", Binoy uttered the words in his most cold voice.

Bondita had tears in her eyes as she saw blood on Anirudh's face. She touched his face, and he hissed as he backed out a little.

"I am alright Mishti", he said as he noticed her tears.

"Pati Babu! Do.. Do you know him?", Bondita asked as she looked up at the six feet tall man with anger and tear in her eyes.

Devraj, who was till now looking at Anirudh in anger, now softened after listening Bondita's words.

His.. His Boni could not recognize him! His Deb Da! 

How on earth could this be possible!

Of course it has been years since they have met each other.

Bondita left. Devraj and Aditya left. Anirudh left. Everyone... left.

And it has been eight years, and they are meeting now!

And now that they are meeting, in such a way, neither his sister, nor anyone else could recognize him.

"Boni! Could you really not recognize me?", he asked in a whisper as tears got collected in his eyes.

Anirudh squinted his eyes as he listened to his whiper. Boni?

"How dare you beat my Pati Babu?", she asked as her eyes went red in anger.

"Mishti! Wait", Anirudh freed his hand from Bondita and went close to Devraj.

By now tears had started flowing from Devraj's eyes.

"Deb... Da?", he asked slowly as he carefully looked into the young man's eyes. He did not know if he was right or wrong, he just went with what first came into his mind.

Everyone scrunched their eyes as Anirudh said the name. Deb. Devraj. Is that him?

Devraj eyes Anirudh in blank for almost a minute. And then, he suddenly burst into tears, crying out loudly, making everyone jump in their places.

"EVEN ONI COULD RECOGNIZE ME! HOW COULD YOU NOT?", he cried out loud and fell on both of his knees.

Everyone was shocked seeing a six feet man crying out so loudly. That too because of what! A girl not recognising him! That is it! 

Oh God!...

__

I hope you all liked it. I will soon post the next chapter. 

Till then, bye!

Your Writer
Parnika💙