36: A Possibility

One week has passed since Anirudh and Greenwood made the challenge. Anirudh was determind to win the challenge, and so was Bondita. Infact, Bondita was more obsessed in doing it. Because she would never let her Pati Babu bow down in front of anyone.

Even Trilochan had given her leave from the household chores. Som was also guiding her in science subjects. While Anirudh was guiding her in Literature, History and Geography. Som and Anirudh, both were guiding her in mathematics, knowing how poor she was in the subject.

Soon, five days passed in a blink. And Bondita was all prepared for the exam. In the evening of the day before exam starts, Som made Bondita revised the important terms, definitions and formulas. And after dinner, Anirudh and Bondita sat in study, revising everything one last time.

"Pati Babu! Standard equation of Hyperbola kya hai?", asked Bondita.

"Bondita! Tumhe ye yaad nahi! Som tumhe bohot daantega mein bata raha hoon! Conic Section usine cover karwaya tha na!", scolded Anirudh.

"Uff! Ek toh unhone 11th standard ka path bhi padha diya hai mujhe! Chalo maana ki bohot hunhaar hoon mein! Isliye 12th standard tak ki padhaayi sab yaad rakhli! Par thoda bohot bhool gayi toh meri kya galati!", exclaimed Bondita furrowing her brows. Anirudh chuckled seeing her antics.

"Accha thik hai! Lao! Mein phir se samjha deta hoon", said a smiling Anirudh. 

She got up and went near him. Adjusting herself in front of him on his desk, she kept her notebook on her lap and indicated him to start. He giggled seeing her. Taking his pen he wrote the formula and made her understand.

"Samjhi?", he asked hitting the pen lightly on her forehead, to which she squeezed her face caressing her forehead.

"Han!", she said a little louder glaring at him.

"Toh abb jaake so jao. Kal jaldi uthke sab kuch phirse revise karna hai na", said Anirudh slowly caressing her cheeks.

She only smiled and hummed in response. She was about to get up, when the door opened wide. And there entered Som. Seeing the coule's position, his eyes went wide and he immediately turned his back.

"Maine kuch nahi dekha! Mein baad mein aata hoon", saying this, he was about to go. But was stopped by Anirudh.

"Ruko Som!", said Anirudh and helped Bondita in making her stand.

"Tum jaao so jaao. Good night", he whispered and sent her upstairs through the staircase in his study.

Som turned back a little to see what was happening. When he saw Bondita moving upstairs, he sighed heavily and turned back to Anirudh.

"Kya Dada! Door toh lock kar dete ye sab karne se pehle! Agar Kaka ne dekh liya hota toh Shiv Shiv karke poore Study ko Gangajal se dho daala hota abb tak!", exclaimed Som as he settled himself in the couch.

"Kaisi baatein kar rahe ho Som! Tum jante ho aisa kuch nahi hai! Bondita sirf aur sirf meri zimmedaari hai. Aur kuch bhi nahi", said Anirudh with a stern face. Som sighed heavily at his statement.

"Dada! Aap iss rishte ko maante kya hain phir?" asked Som.

"Dost! Shikshak aur Shishya! Shayad yahi..", Anirudh muttered his words nervously, not meeting Som's gaze.

"Ek sawaal puchoon! Jab Bondita apni padhayi poori kar legi. Jab woh badi ho jayegi. Kya tab aap usse chod denge?", he asked. His eyes were filled with tears of hope. Hoping for a positive answer from Anirudh.

"Tab woh apne marzi ke insaan ko chun payegi Som! Woh usise shadi karegi jisse woh pyaar kati hogi", he said slowly. Even he was afraid of his words. What if they become true one day!