12: The Unwanted Person

The car honked infront of the Roy Chaudhury mansion as Anirudh, Bondita and Som returned back from Devipur. 

Som quickly jumped out of the car and ran inside the haveli, leaving behind Anirudh and Bondita, alone.

"Dada ko kya hua?", muttered Bondita confusingly.

"Pata nahi", said Anirudh in same confusion as they got out of the car and went inside the haveli.

As soon as they entered the haveli, they saw Som standing like a statue.

"Som", called Anirudh. No response.

"Som Dada", called Bondita. Again no response.

Anirudh gave a tight smack at Som's back, making him wince in pain. Bondita chuckled seeing them.

"Aah! Kya hai Dada?", asked Som with a frown.

"Tabse bula rahe hain hum Som! Dhyaan kahan hai tumhaara?", asked Anirudh with a frown.

"Woh..Dada..", muttered Som in nervousness as he pointed his finger towards the direction he was looking.

Anirudh and Bondita moved their eyes in the direction. What they saw made them shocked. Anirudh's eyes were widened, while bondita frowned at the sight.

Saudamini was approaching them with an aarti thaal. As she reached them, Bondita started throwing questions.

"Saudamini Didi! Aap yahan?", asked Bondita.

"Han! Main yahan", answered Saudamini innocently.

"Aur aap yahan kyun hain?", asked Som narrowing his eyes in suspiscion. 

Som do liked Saudamini and wanted her to be his Boudi. But since Anirudh's marriage with Bondita, Som has started avoiding Saudamini. He knew that she is that much capable to bring a rift between the couple. And Som was over protective about his Dada and his newly found sister's relationship.

"Kya Som! Aaj ye dono Devipur se waapas aaye hain toh mein aarti utaarne aayi hoon", replied Saudamini.

Som just sighed and left for his room leaving Bondita and Anirudh behind. Saudamini did their aarti and let them in.

Som went to his room. Closing the door with a thud, he sat on his bed. 

"Saudamini yahan aayi kyun hai?", muttered Som with furrows in his forehead.

He never wanted to tell the truth about Anirudh and Saudamini to Bondita. But he had to, because he didn't want Bondita to get hurt later. She has the right to know about every little thing connected to the big haveli and his Dada. He thought that after that day of Pooja, after  witnessing them getting closer, Saudamini would never dare to come back in their lives.

But what he saw today made him believe that Saudamini can go to any extent to get back Anirudh! She is obsessed with him!

Saudamini was standing near the temple door with the aarti thaal in her hands, waiting for someone. She didn't even noticed Som! As soon as Anirudh entered the mansion with his little wifey, Saudamini literally ran towards them!

Now Som's tension was eating him up.

"Agar Saudamini ne kuch bhi kiya na Dada aur Bondita ke rishte ko todne ke liye, I swear on Dugga Maa..", Som left his words incomplete as he closed his eyes in frustration.

"Mujhe Saudamini par nazar rakhna hoga. Par mein ye kaam nahi kar sakta. Ek toh usse mujhpe shak ho sakta hai. Uparse mere finals bhi shuru hone waale hain. Phir college entrance ki taiyaari bhi karni hai", Som muttered thinking hard.