4: I'll always be there

Som was shocked. His head hung down, listening to Bondita's words carefully. Tears made it's way through his eyes. His lips were trembling.

SATI!  Seriously! His Bondita was about to leave this world! That too in name of Sati! Sati of an old man! Who was of her Grandfather's age! Oh wow! Dear life, you can really be this cruel!

Som calmed himself and looked up towards Bondita. Even she was crying! Why she would not! Afterall, she was the one who had gone through all this!

"Then?", asked Som with his trembling lips.

"Then!", said Bondita and started narrating the rest..

Flasback

Bondita was made sit inside a paalki (palanquin). She was on verge of gaining her consciousness.

Anirudh returned to the place with gun in his hand, which he snatched from the British Police, who were going through the streets of Devipur. But when he reached there, he was informed by Munshi that the man has died and now the girl is safe. 

AGAIN A LIE! 

He requested Anirudh to return back to Tulsipur. And he did so!

On his way to Tulsipur, he started feeling uneasy.

"Why does everything feels so wrong! Is something ging to-", Anirudh couldn't complete murmuring his sentence when horrible imaginations ran into his mind.

"Driver! Turn around the car and drive to Devipur! Fast", ordered Anirudh. The driver immediately obeyed him and started driving back to Devipur.

Bondita was sitting in the paalki, when two men lifted it up.I n the process,her head banged the back and she stirred in sleep, gaining her consciousness. She slowly opened her eyes.

Where am I? What am I doing in this palanquin? Why am I in bridal look? What's going on over here? These were the questions which flashed in her mind.

She heard some noise from outside.I t was probably "RAM NAM SATYAHE!" The three words which were said on the way to the burial site when someone dies.

But who died? The question rang in her mind.

Suddeny she heard another voice. But this voice was different. A single voice. Even the words were different! Instead of those three words, it was only one word! "WAIT!" That's all! And all stopped hailing those words! Is the owner of this strong voice so powerful!

Bondita silently sat inside the paalki, listening to the commotion.

"You again came to stop an virtouss ritual!", exclaimed Sundaram.

"You call this virtue!", roared Anirudh. "If this is what you call virtue, then I am the SINNER!"

"Don't give long speeches! And let us go. Now she doesn't have anyone to live for", said a man from behind.

"Why can't she live? What is the reason!", said Anirudh snapping back.

"Because his husband died! Now she doesn't have any existence! She has to perform Sati!", said another man.

"I said right now, didn't I? I won't let anything like that happen", exclaimed Anirudh.

"SHE CAN'T LIVE! No one can take her responsibility!", said another man.

Thinking for a while, Anirudh roared,"I will take her responsibility!"

All, including Bondita, were shocked to listen his statement. Was he really prepared to take her RESPONSIBILITY!