16: The Vicious Plan

Anirudh entered the ward to witness Saudamini sitting on the bed, her forehead bandaged. She was looking at the front, as if thinking something. When the door opened, her trance seemed to break. She started looking here and there. Of course! She can't see anything now! She has become a blind, who requires support!

"Mini!", called out Anirudh.

"Anirudh! Tum aa gaye? Dekho na, sabse bol rahi hoon lights on karne ke lie, khidki kholne ke liye. Par koi nahi khol raha", said Saudamini innocently.

"Mini.. woh..", Anirudh stammered.

"Anirudh kuch bolo na acche se! Atak atak ke kyun bol rahe ho?", urged Saudamini.

Anirudh's eyes became glossy. How would he say to her that now she will not be able to see anything! She has... She has.. become a blind!

"Mi.. Mini.. saare li.. lights on.. hain", said Anirudh stammering.

"Kya bol rahe ho Anirudh! Lights on hain toh mujhe kuch dikhaayi kyun nahi de raha? Andhi hoon kya mein?", asked Saudamini while laughing.

"Tum.. tumhe isliye kuch.. kuch na.. hi dikh raha kyu.. kyunki tu.. tum abb aur kabhi.. bhi na.. nahi dekh pa.. ogi", confessed Anirudh finally. It took him a lot of courage to inform her about it.

"Nahi! Aisa nahi ho sakta Anirudh! Mein.. mein andhi.. andhi.. nahi!", exclaimed Saudamini. Tears started rolling down her cheeks.

"Mini! Please khudko sambhalo! Mei.. mein sab thik kardunga", said Anirudh holding her by her shoulders.

Suddenly, Saudamini hugged him tightly. He was taken aback by her action. He was neither prepared for it, nor was comfortable in it. Nevertheless, he hugged her back.

"Anirudh! Mein abb kya karun?", asked a crying Saudamini.

"Tum chinta matt karo Mini. Mein hoon na. Mein rakhunga tumhaara khayal", answered Anirudh gently patting her head.

She hugged him more tightly. Though he was uncomfortable, he didn't stop her. She needed someone right now. How can he back off!

His eyes went towards the door. There stood Bondita, holding Som. Batuk stood behind them. Bondita's eyes became teary seeing Anirudh hugging someone else. Here, Som and Batuk were fuming in rage. Is she really blind or just acting like one to get their Dada's attention!

Here Anirudh went blank seeing Bondita in tears. He wanted to go to her and wipe off her tears. He tried to separate himself from Saudamini, but she held him more tightly. Only he knows how  helpless he was feeling at that moment! 

Som was about to go to separate them, when Bondita held him back saying,"Dada mujhe ghar jaana hai."

"Par Boudi-", Som was cut off by Bondita."Dada please!"

"Hum chalte hain na Som Dada, please! Bondita Boudi ko bhi araam ki zaroorat hai. Waise bhi, tota aur maina ke beech mein koi aayega toh usika popat ban jaayega", said Batuk rolling his eyes.

Som understood what he said and chuckled. 

Saudamini tightened her fist on listening 'Boudi' from Batuk and Som's mouth. Wasn't she their Boudi! Weren't they the one who teased her all the day by calling her Boudi! How can they forget those moments so easily!

"Bondita!", Saudamini called her out as she left Anirudh. Anirudh just left an inaudible sigh of relief. But was amused by the fact that why the hell is she calling Bondita now!

"Ji Saudamini Didi, boliye", responded Bondita politely. She have never misbehaved with elders. Afterall, she is a Das! Manners comes first for her, as taught by her family and father.