𝟎𝟐 | 𝐈𝐤𝐡𝐥𝐚𝐚𝐬

"What belongs to you will find it's way to come to you..."

T H E rain fell mercilessly making the children squealed in happiness, the adult groaned at the weather and lovers dreamed about their soulmates

T H E rain fell mercilessly making the children squealed in happiness, the adult groaned at the weather and lovers dreamed about their soulmates. The rain is often romanticised, it's used to describe the union of two souls, the first meeting of two soulmates, or a tragedy. And today, it was the same - the rain is going to unite two soulmates.

Maheen sat next to her window and closed her eyes. She couldn't see but she could feel, she was feeling the rain - and it was the most beautiful feeling. She carefully walked towards the garden and stood as the droplets poured on her. She was wearing a long anarkali which fitted her curves perfectly. Her veil was hanging on her shoulder as she stretched her arms and forgot her problems for a while.

She felt free just like a bird...

She smiled and arched her back letting the drops fall on her angelic face. If only she knew that a pair of green eyes were looking at her intensely memorising her features like a poem. Moussa was standing near the veranda with his hands in his pocket. He came just fifteen minutes ago with his family for Maheen.

Yes, Rabia beghum called her best friend Sherbano three days ago and told her how much she likes Maheen and wanted to ask her hand for her son. And Sherbano was over the moon when she heard that, she was beyond happy because she knows Moussa very well and he was a perfect match for her daughter. That night, she thanked Allah several times and ask for her daughter's happiness.

Maheen was aware of it but she didn't have any expectation from now on. She thought that Rabia beghum might have forced her son to marry her out of sympathy which was clearly not the case because Mousse loves her. She was ready to face rejection again, maybe he doesn't know yet that her eyes are for no use. Only if she knew the sweet truth.

Moussa was looking at her for the past five minutes when realisation hit him. She was wearing clothes that hugged her upper figure perfectly and the rain wasn't helping. Moreover the veil was also drenched so it was of no use and here he was staring at her shamelessly and taking advantage of her disability because she didn't know that he was here. If she had then she would have run inside.

As being a na-mehram to her he cannot stare at her like this. It wasn't his right, he needs to be patient and wait till the day she would be completely his. And that day he would stare at her all the night with full rights. He cleared his throat and lowered his gaze muttering  'Astaghfirullah'.

Maheen feet stopped as she stood frozen. How can she forget? Her mom told her that today some guests were coming and yet she is enjoying the rain. "Kon hai ?" She whispered putting the dupatta on her head.
[Who is it?]

"Moussa. Moussa Rahim. And you are Maheen." His voice was sweet like honey yet husky. Maheen never loved her name that much in twenty five years of her existence. He went back inside not being to able to avert his gaze for long, she was pulling him like a magnet.