𝟎𝟏 | 𝐑𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐭

"A woman can be strong, smart and beautiful, all at once..."

T A K I N G the leftovers from the frigde, Rubab heated them in the microwave

T A K I N G the leftovers from the frigde, Rubab heated them in the microwave. Her eyes were heavy and she was very sleepy. But she had to eat for the sake of her health. She hadn't eaten anything apart from her protein bar, which was this morning. Being a doctor, her days were very busy and she didn't have much time.

She quickly ate the food and climbed the stairs. It was midnight which means her father is sleeping and Azaan as well. So slowly, she opened the door and met with a sight that made her smile. Her tiredness was long forgotten as she saw her son peaceful face. Her father, Abu Bakr was sleeping soundly with his grandson on his chest. The four year old was lost in his world without a care.

Carefully, Rubab took him from her father. She can't sleep without her son. Because he is the one holding her together till now. Being a light sleeper, Abu Bakr woke up when he felt a weight lifting up from his chest. He saw his daughter kissing Azaan's face all over while the little toddler was careless. "You're late again, bacha. Have you eaten? I will heat up the food." Rubab was quick to stop him.

"No abbu, it's ok, I've eaten. You can sleep again, I just came to get Azaan. You know that I can't sleep without him." She held him close.

"I know bacha, ok then I'll see you tomorrow morning if you don't go without informing me again." Rubab had this habit of not greeting her father when she left the house.

"Acha sorry !" She said and kissed his forehead before asking him if he took his medicines and then biding him farewell.

Opening the door of her room with her foot, she entered it. With one arm, she was carrying her bag and with the other Azaan. "Mera bacha." She kissed him again feeling the peace she needed after seeing her precious baby.

"Mama.." Azaan sleepily mumbled as he stared at his mom. He wasn't used to see his mom because whenever she would come home, Azaan would be sleeping and the next day she usually leaves early morning.

"I mished you, mama.." He said with closed eyes, leaning into his mother's warmth.

"Mama missed you too, meri jaan." Rubab laid him on the bed and went to freshen up. She changed into her comfortable pyjamas, prayed her Isha salah because she prayed the rest in the hospital. And then, she slept with Azaan close to her heart. That was life for her. Waking up early in the morning, going to the hospital and working without breaks. Then coming back at home late night, and sleeping with her baby by her side. All the hard work she was doing was for her baby's future but also her father. Rubab had no one but them, her life revolved around those two people she loved dearly.