𝟎𝟓 | 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐚

"Your story isn't over yet. The sun still smiles at you and the moon still shines for you..."

H E R  bitter words echoed in his mind as he took time to process what she said

H E R bitter words echoed in his mind as he took time to process what she said. It cannot be. She can't. It's impossible, he cannot leave her because unknowingly she has become his habit, and perhaps love as well but he refused to admit his own feelings.

He was scared. Scared to admit that he was madly in love with her. And how can he not be ? He was bounded in the strong bond of nikkah for two years now. It's impossible to not fall in love especially when your spouse is like Dilainoor. And he was no exception.

"You're kidding right? Kya behuda mazak hai Dil." He whined like a child not wanting to hear the truth.

"Yeh koyi mazak nahi, sach hai. Apne meri bache ko mara hai Shahzain, chaye ap ye karwa sach mane ya na mane. [It's not a joke, it's reality. You killed my baby Shahzain, do you want to admit this bitter truth or not.]" He knew it. He knew that she thought like that but damn why does it hurts when she speaks her mind. Why was the truth so bitter ?

"No. No I can't Dil. Please don't leave me. You've become my habit, the house seems empty without you." He stepped closer, and the more he was close - the more he hated himself for her scars.

"I can't Shahzain. I wish I had stopped you earlier. I thought I had no one to go back to, I was scared on how society will treat an orphan divorcée. But now I regret, I have my sister Zubia and my brother Zacki. I was strong back then to bear all your wrongdoings, but I am not anymore. You killed my child Shahzain, I am not the same Dilainoor anymore.." Tears spilled from her eyes. She was trying hard to not break down in front of him but she did.

"Please, free me from this prison. I can't, give me my freedom." She pleaded with her hands, her knees going weak. Shahzain shook his head and grabbed her hands.

"This won't happen again. I promise I will treat you like a queen. Please, I can't without you." He pleaded, his eyes screamed sincerity but why was it so hard to believe him? Why, despite all the sincerity in his eyes, she couldn't believe him.

"I can't believe. No one changes in one night." She said matter of factly. She couldn't believe anymore nor she wanted to. "Fine, you don't want to give me divorce ? I'll get khula, and knowing what you did to me it won't be difficult." She warned him as she took hold of her clothes and wore them. He watched her; lost. Both way, he was going to loose her.

He repeated three times the words he never wanted to say. "Fine. I divorce you Dilainoor Shahzain." And he stormed out of the room.

~ ~ ~

"I am proud of my sister." Zacki proudly patted her head. He was proud that his sister finally spoke for herself and that she asked for divorce.