𝟎𝟑 | 𝐖𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚

"I live on, because I need to make
you proud..."

H E R life was laying, covered with white sheets

H E R life was laying, covered with white sheets. His face was glowing with noor. Anabia cried, until no tears were left but he didn't come back. Her partner, her dada jaan had left her. All alone to deal with this cruel world.

Loneliness. Was the only feeling she felt at that moment. It was engulfing her heart, almost suffocating her.

"Kisne socha tha ke Jamshaid Sahab itni jaldi jale jaye ge? Abbi parso to wo bilkul thik tak te." Anabia heard some women talk.

"Kiya kar sakte hai? Maut to Allah ke haat me hoti hai." The other woman replied wisely.

"Beshak. But what will happen to his orphan granddaughter? I've heard that Shabana doesn't like her much nor do the other people of the house. Her grandfather was her only support..poor girl. Have you seen Sohai's younger daughter.. Aqsa? She was wearing a bright pink lipstick on her grandfather's funeral. Phir bi hume kiya !" The woman pitied her but it was clear from her tone that she wasn't a bit concerned about Anabia's situation. She just needed to gossip.

"You should focus on your own house, aunty. Because I've heard that your son is involved with a mafia gang. And your daughter has an affair that everyone knows about, so before talking about other's kids, think about yours. And if you're done with your condolences then you can leave. Allah Hafiz." Anabia couldn't hold herself when people like those aunties talk nonsense. The aunty was taken aback by some mere girl insulting her children.

"Bari hi koyi batameez larki ho tum. Acha hua tumhare dada jale gaye, warna tum koyi na koyi harkat kar ke unhe mar hi na deti." The woman spatted bitterly making her real colors appear.

"App-" Anabia was about to reply when the woman cut her off.

"Shabana, look how your husband's niece was talking to us. She is such an ill-mannered girl." Shabana glared at Anabia before turning towards the woman.

"What can I do, Abida. She grow up without parents so no one was there to teach her the values of life-" And she continued but Anabia ran to her [Jamshaid's] room not wanting to hear her tayi ammi taunt her for being an orphan.

As if she choose to be one.

"Why did you left me Dada jaan? Why? I needed you...you left just like baba did. Everyone left me alone. How will I live without you? I miss you...please come back. Please dada jaan." She sobbed loudly, sitting on the cold marble floor. Her puffy eyes were still not tired of shedding so many tears.

"Please..come back." She whispered hugging her knees closer to her chest.

"Ya Allah...I can't do this anymore. My soul can't bear this burden." She thought.