𝟎𝟕 | 𝐑𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐭

"Oh my heart, how wild it loves..."

A deadly silence fell in the Ahmed mansion, and at that moment Ahmed entered the house making everyone turn towards him

A deadly silence fell in the Ahmed mansion, and at that moment Ahmed entered the house making everyone turn towards him. He didn't question anyone because he understood that Zain blasted the bomb of truth on them.

"You lied to me Ahmed, you knew it, didn't you ?" Gul accusingly pointed a finger at her husband.

"Gul I can explain, it's not wha-" She cut him off rudely.

"What are you going to explain to me? That this girl.." She pointed towards Rubab. "A widow with a son, and a woman who is six years older than my son, is my daughter-in-law?" Her voice was loud and clear with venom dripping from each words, as if disgusted.

"Mom! You are talking about my wife!" Zain was no less, he won't tolerate anyone disrespecting his wife in any way.

"Just don't talk to me Zain! You didn't even bother to tell me this before getting married? Am I not your mother Zain? Didn't I deserve to know?" Tears started to flow down her cheeks, her only son didn't even bother to consult with her before getting married. 

"Mom..." Zain helplessly said.

"Don't call me your mother! You are no one to me now, just leave Zain." Zain tried to hold her arm but she jerked away.

"Gul, he is our son! You can't just tell him to leave!" Ahmed tried to resonate her.

Gul fell on deaf ears to her husband and son's words. Zain looked at his father and wife for help but Gul was determined.

"Mom, you can do whatever you want but Rubab is my wife and I will not leave her. You have to accept her!"
Zain yelled for his mother to hear his words clearly. They were too engrossed in their argument that they didn't notice a crying Arooj leaving their house, devasted.

"Beta, you go in your room. Gul isn't in the right state of mind. I will make her understand her fault." Zain nodded, he trusted his father wholeheartedly and he knew only Ahmed can handle an angry Gul.

"Mehrab chacha, please get our luggage from Rubab's car." Zain gave the car keys to the servant and guided a tensed Rubab and Azaan.

"Who ish she, Baba ?" Azaan asked Zain as they got in his room which became their room.

"She is your dadi, and my Dad is your dadu !" Zain explained to him and stole a glance at Rubab. He took his phone, played a game and then gave it to Azaan to distract him.

Azaan got busy in his game and Zain sat beside Rubab. She was looking into an empty space. "Rubab.." Rubbing his thumb on her hand in a circular motion, he softly called her name. Rubab hummed in response. "Everything is going to be alright. Trust Allah meri jaan, He is with us. Mom is a short tempered pathan with an old mentality. It a test and we will pass it, together." Rubab rested her head on his chest.