𝟎𝟓 | 𝐑𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐭

"I wish I had spent more time with my parents..."

R U B B I N G his eyes, Zain lazily took his phone

R U B B I N G his eyes, Zain lazily took his phone. It was ringing none stop. He checked the time, it was three in the morning. Who could call him at this hour? He answered the phone without looking at the caller ID. He was sleepy, like a normal human being would be at this hour.

"Zain..." He heard her voice after a month. Her mere whisper was enough to shoo away his sleep. He sat up straight on his bed. His sleep long forgotten as he panicked.

"Rubab? Hey? Are you ok? Why are you crying? Please tell me, your cries are breaking my heart. Rubab.." Her name left his mouth like a plead. It's been so long he last heard her voice and now that she called him, she was in pain.

"Ab-abbu...he...he..." She was breathing heavily and it was scaring Zain more than anything. It's been so long since he felt that fear inside him.

"Hey, sweetheart listen to me. Grab a glass of water." He instructed calmly, only he knew how he was controlling himself. He didn't heard anything from the other but glass sounds. "Now, breath and tell me." He talked as if instructing a child.

"Ab-abbu...had..a he-heart attack. Ple-please come here. I...am at the c-city hospital." Rubab was trying hard to control her sobs but she couldn't. She was feeling so scared of loosing her father. She needed him, because he was the first person she thought of when she was at her lowest. She could've called anyone but still, she choose him out of all the people, why?

"I am coming but please keep yourself together.." He heard a small yes and hung up. Running to the closet to get his shirt, he wore it hastily and didn't bother to change his grey sweatpants. He grabbed his phone and wallet and got to the porsche.

"Zain? Where are you going at this hour ?" Zain stopped hearing his father's voice and looked at him. Ahmed raised his brows in a questioning manner.

"Oh Dad you're awake ?" Zain cross-questioned him with a sheepish smile.

"I was thirsty lekin tum kahan ja rahe hon? Shareef ghar ke larke is waqt bahir jate hai kiya ?" Ahmed gave him a stern look making Zain sigh. He had to get to the hospital as soon as possible.

So he told the truth to his father. "Rubab called me." Ahmed's expression changed into something Zain couldn't read. "She..she was crying. Abu Bakr uncle is at the hospital, he had an heart attack."

"What? And you didn't bother to tell me? Let's go, I am coming with you!" Ahmed put the glass of water on the counter and took his phone.

"But Dad-" Ahmed glared at him making him shut up.

"He is my friend, and I can't leave him like this. Let's go Zain." Zain rolled his eyes and mumbled something as they got in the car.

"He wasn't your friend when I told you, a month ago that I wanted to marry his widow daughter." Ahmed turned to him and glared at him while Zain pretended to be indifferent.