𝟎𝟔 | 𝐑𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐭

"Life is but a walking shadow..."

"I am sorry

"I am sorry..." Those words are the hardest for a doctor to say and even harder to hear from a doctor. Rubab fell with thud on the floor, if it wasn't for Zain holding her, she would've collapsed.

Her father was gone.

And she couldn't do anything.

At that time, Rubab wished she held her father for the last time. She regretted not kissing his forehead and telling him that she loves him a lot. She regretted not hugging him a last time. She regretted not seeing his smile for the last time. That smile that washed her worries away. She missed him already. If only she would've spent more time with him.

But now, she could only regret.

She didn't even know if her father died in peace with her. Was he satisfied of her as a daughter? Because he was the best father she could ask for. When the entire world was throwing stones at her for things she wasn't a t fault for, he was there to hold her hand. He was there to tell her 'everything will be alright'.

He was the one who filled the empty hole of a father in Azaan's life. He was there to change Azaan's diapers when she was sick. He was her support, her shoulder to lay on.

And now he was back to his Creator.

Before she could understand what was happening, she blanked out.

"Rubab? Ruba? Jaan?" Zain patted her cheeks in a worried state. He shook her but she didn't budge. "Dad, look Rubab fainted." Zain called his father who was talking with the doctor about something with Azaan in his arms.

"She fainted because of the sudden news...take her to a room, I'll call a nurse." Ahmed informed him while Zain picked her up in bridal style.

"What happened to mama, uncle ?" Azaan's eyes were wide as he looked at his uncle for an answer.

"Nothing bacha, she will be fine huh?" Ahmed caressed his hair and smiled. The little toddler wasn't convinced but still nodded silently. He didn't even see his dada today !

Zain called a nurse while he settled his wife on an empty bed. "Calm down, she is fine." He whispered to himself. His heart was running wild seeing her like this, all pale. He caressed her forehead and kissed it, his lips lingering there for awhile until the nurse came.

She checked her and then turned to Zain. "She will wake up in a while, don't worry she is fine." Zain gave the nurse a grateful smile and went away.

He took her hand in his and sat on the stool beside her bed. "I am not going to leave you like this Mrs.Zain, you nearly gave me a heart attack." He mumbled as if she was listening to him. "See what I will do to you when you wake up." As he finished his sentence, he saw her eyes flickering but she didn't open them. Zain understood the reason, she was scared of what he might do because of what he said.