𝟎𝟏 | 𝐌𝐞𝐡𝐫 𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐚𝐡

"A true gentleman take cares of his mother like a queen and his wife like a princess..."

U P, down, up, down

U P, down, up, down. His veins popped out from his arms as he did his every day work out. Dressed in a pair of grey track suits only, Zaroon did his push ups with ease. It was a daily routine for him. His upper body was covered with sweats as in one swift movement, he was standing on his feet.

He grabbed his bottle of water and drank it in three times as per the sunnah. He then thought to have his breakfast first and then shower, so he went in the kitchen and greeted his mother - Zaida - with a kiss on her forehead. "As-salamu alaykum, ma." He took out the eggs from the fridge but his mother's voice stopped him.

"Wa'alaykum assalam, beta. I am making breakfast don't bother yourself. See, I made your favorite scrambled eggs along with your protein shake." Zaroon had this habit of not sleeping after fajr. He would do his morning walk and workout after offering his salah. Then, he will make breakfast for him and his beloved mother.

Zaroon lived with his mother, alone. Zaida's husband and Zaroon's father died as a martyr serving his country when Zaroon was eight years old. Perhaps why, today he was following his father's step and was a major in the pak army. Something of which his mother was very proud. It was Zaroon's late father wish for him to become a major and Zaroon gladly fulfilled his father's wish.

If there was someone who he loved the most and couldn't say no to was his mother. They didn't have any family except each other and were happy with the way their lives were going. Zaroon had all the respect of the world for Zaida as she raised him, alone, into the incredible gentleman that he is today. She had done and sacrificed a lot for him since he could remember.

Today was different because it was not Zaroon who made breakfast but Zaida. Zaroon always made breakfast for his mother as it was sign of affection and love. He had also hired a maid so that his mother would be free of any burden. She had worked enough it was now time for her to rest and for him to work and give her all the comfort she needed.

"Something special today ?" He asked taking the plate from her hand and putting it on the table. If there was one rule that could not be broken was the one of eating breakfast together. So Zaroon took his mother's hand and pulled the chair for her making her sit. She smiled and blessed him with her precious blessings.

"No, I just wanted to make breakfast for my son. I couldn't sleep after fajr." He served her fresh orange juice which the doctor suggested for her health.

"How is your leg pain now ?" From the past few days, her legs were paining so much that she couldn't even walk but now, Al Hamdouli'Allah, she was better.