𝟎𝟐 | 𝐌𝐞𝐡𝐫 𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐚𝐡

"Life is a gift. Wake up every day and realize that..."

J A N N A T observed her parents from close

J A N N A T observed her parents from close. She was sitting in her lounge with Parishey by her side. As said, Jannat bought her best friend to her parents and told them everything. How her parents were forcing Parishey in a marriage with a guy double her age.

"Ye to bhot bura kiya Sharif bhai nai. Mein unse baat karun ga. Esse kesse bachi ki zabardasti ki shaadi kar sakte hai wo. Gunnah hai yeh." Adnan was calm.

"Aur mein Shafia baji se baat karon gi. Wo khud ek aurat hai, kuch paison keliye apni bachi ko bej de ge kiya ?" Awaiza said in vexed tone.

"Aunty, mein parna chahti hun. Mein shaadi nahi karna chahti. Ammi abbu muhje parne nahi de rahi." Parishey sniffed, the poor soul was crying. Her so called wedding was in three days. Only three days.

"Fikar na karo, Parishey beta tum hamare liye bilkul Jannat jaisi ho. Hum baat karte hai, Shafia baji or Sharif bhaijaan se." Adnan comforted her with a fatherly pat on her head.

"Ab rona to band karo meri behen. Deka meri ammi abbu best hai ! Sara kuch tik ho jaye ga." Jannat lowered her voice and whispered. "Aur agar nahi mane, to mera plan B to hai na. Bag jana." Parishey glared at her best friend who just shrugged in response.

Little did she know her friend's advice will be useful in the future...

As only three days were left for the wedding, Adnan and Awaiza thought to talk to Parishey parents today. They went there and came back home defeated. Shafia and Sharif were left deaf ear on what Awaiza and Adnan tried to make them understand. They absolutely wanted to sell their daughter for some few money.

They couldn't do anything anymore. Her parents were determined on getting her married. Parishey was left with no choice.

Defeated, she went back to her home which had lost it's homely feeling long ago. She panicked when she saw the scary look on her father's face. Her father banged the door and took a handful of her hands.

"Tune Adnan aur Awaiza ko ye sab bataya tha na? Kiya sabit karna chahti hai? Kein hum bare bure ma baap hai ?" Parishey hissed as he pulled her hair tightly.

"Abbu, muhje uss budde se shaadi nahi karni. Wo mere se kitna bara hai." Parishey tried to resonate her father but in vain.

He punched her face making her fall on the floor as she kept weeping silently. "Shaadi tak yeh bahar nahi jayegi. Karri nazar rakhna, kahi bag na jaye. Aur us Jannat se na mil paye." Shafia nodded at her husband's order.

She looked at Parishey with pity. She was her daughter and of course no mother would want this for her child. But she was helpless in front of her husband. She was a woman, she can't do anything.