𝟎𝟑 | 𝐑𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐭

"She is the perfect amount of
chaos and peace..."

R U B A B was exhausted with all the work today

R U B A B was exhausted with all the work today. She still had two hours at the hospital but it was difficult. All the kids that she saw this morning where very difficult to handle. Especially when she had to do the vaccination, their loud cries were still resonating in her ears.

"Heer Abrar.." The oddly familiar name came out of her mouth as Rubab called the last patient she had. She looked up from her file and saw two extremely familiar face. How could she forget them? Zain and Heer.

"Dr..." Zain looked at her badge before looking back at her. "Rubab." He completed with a small smile.

"Mr.Zain, come in." She stayed professional and guided him to her cabin. She indicated him to take a seat while she gave toys to Heer. Once Heer was busy, she spoke. "Didn't her parents come ?" She asked first.

"No, they had somewhere urgent to go so they sent me. I am her uncle." Zain informed her making her nod.

"So.." She crossed her arms on the desk and leaned closer. She removed her glasses which Zain thought made her more beautiful. He admired the woman in front of him. A lot. "What is it ?" She asked.

"Your beauty.." He mumbled but came back to the really world as soon. "Huh, I mean her health. Since you're her doctor, you must know that Heer has asthma but lately it's been difficult for her. It's more common, even when she does small activities she becomes breathless easily. What can we do for her ?"

Rubab nodded as she called Heer over. "Heer, can you sit here sweetheart." She indicated her to seat on the bed. Heer did as she was told. "Inhale and exhale loudly when I tell you, ok ?" Rubab touched her back under her shirt with the stethoscope and asked to do so.

After she finished she asked small questions to Heer to which she answered honestly. "Ok, so..." and she started to tell Zain everything he needed to know and what should her family do as well as her medicines.

"Ok then, thank you very much and I hope to see you soon." With a wink, Zain took Heer and went out of the cabin leaving a shocked Rubab behind. A constant smile was fixed on Zain's face which he couldn't remove.

Why was her presence so important to him? Her face was enough to make his heart at peace.

"Weird." She mumbled shaking her head.

~ ~ ~

"Mama pweazeeeeee.." With puppy eyes and a small pout on his lips, Azaan requested his mother. It was sunday and he wanted to go to the park. Well, normally it's his grandfather who brings him to the park so that they can have a grandfather and grandson time. But today, Azaan wanted to go with Rubab.

Rubab looked at his face and tried to remain a hard face. The truth was that she was tired but her baby's happiness mattered the most. "Okay, but promise me to behave like a big boy."