𝟎𝟐 | 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐚𝐭

"My body burns when you're close,
your touch is like fire on ice..."

M A Y A  stared at her crazy family who were planning her wedding

M A Y A stared at her crazy family who were planning her wedding. She rolled her eyes every now and then when her cousins would do stupid remarks to tease her. Currently, her younger sister - Arzoo - was doing her mehendi all the way teasing her as well. Which was very annoying for Maya but she stayed quiet.

"I saw Aliyaar bhaijaan coming out of your room yesterday night." Zuraina, her cousin said with her arms crossed on her chest. She was looking at her accusingly. Maya raised her brows at her, with a 'mind your business' look.

"It isn't right you know to have a man in your room at that time of the night." She continued with attitude as if she was a saint, which she wasn't. Maya wanted to reply but didn't. She didn't want to create a drama.

"That man is my husband. I am in his nikkah. I can see him at midnight or at day time, it shouldn't matter to you." She stated without giving Zuraina a glance.

All the while, Aliyaar was proudly admiring her. That was one of the reason he loved her, but he would be damned if he had to admit it in front of her. He doesn't want to make her more proud than she already is. After all, it was Aliyaar Chaudhary we were talking about. He smirked at her reply.

"But your rukhs-" She was cut off by Aliyaar.

"Mind your own business Zuraina. Stop budging your nose in ours." He said rolling his eyes. Like wife, like husband.

"Ahan, biwi ki side leye ja rahi hai ! [Oh, taking the side of his wife !]" His younger brother - Aysar - said wrapping his arm around Aliyaar's shoulder. Aliyaar raised his brows at him, telling him to shut up but Aysar didn't care. He was used to his elder brother behavior anyways.

"Chup kar kaminey ! [Shut up, idiot !]" Aliyaar responded, swatting his arm from his shoulder. He rolled his eyes at his stupid brother.

"That's abuse !" Aysar said feigning hurt.

"Can you guys stop behaving like kids ?" Arzoo asked in annoyance.

"Ask your brother-in-law." Suddenly, the joyful Aysar was replaced with a bitter one, reserved for his cousin Arzoo. She frowned at his tone and shook her head.

"Don't say anything to my sweet brother-in-law. Yeh dil deke hai jo inki anko me athe hai jab jab yeh Maya Api ko dekte hai ? [Have you seen those hearts in his eyes whenever he looks at Maya sister ?]" She teasingly asked looking at Aliyaar.