𝟎𝟐 | 𝐑𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐭

"A child needs to be raised with love, care and understanding..."

"H A V E you ever thought of marrying again, beta ?" Her father touched the topic he wanted to talk about since long

"H A V E you ever thought of marrying again, beta ?" Her father touched the topic he wanted to talk about since long. He just needed to courage.

"No." Rubab simply replied. It was true, she had never thought of a second marriage. She was a realistic woman and she knew life was no fairytale. She had a five year old kid and no man will accept her with a child. Moreover, she didn't believe in love type of stuff and she thinks she will never find a man as good as her ex-husband. He was a true sweetheart.

"You should. For how long it is going to be like this? Azaan needs his mother, you know whenever you leave the house he becomes a crying mess and I have to console him for an hour at least. And then at night, he is very excited to see you, but you come home so late that he falls asleep. At this age, a child needs his mother more than anyone. I love Azaan, bacha but I cannot take care of him like you do. Never."

Her heart ached at her baby's suffering. She knew how little time she gives Azaan every day. Her father was old and could live with his pension but her and Azaan, it was impossible. That's why she was working hard but also because it was her dream to become a doctor. Karim had always supported her through this and when Azaan was born, he didn't stop her but encouraged her instead.It wasn't easy to study and take care of a newborn at the same time but Rubab had managed, Al Hamdouli'Allah.

"No one will accept Azaan as his own." She said putting the plates of parathas and omelette on the table.

"That's what you think. I am sure Allah will give you someone." Rubab absentmindedly nodded and started to feed Azaan who was looking at her.

"Mama, chocolat ?" He titled his head to the side and pouted with pleading eyes. He knew his mother would melt at his cute way of asking.

"Such a dramaqueen he is, he is surely your son." Abu Bakr ruffled his grandson's hair who just giggled.

"I wasn't a dramaqueen." Rubab defended herself.

"Of course you weren't." Abu Bakr sacarstically replied.

"We don't have chocolates beta." Azaan pouted and his shoulder slumped. "But we are going to grocery store with Dadu. So we will get anything that Azaan will like, ok ?"Azaan's hazel eyes brightened at the mention of this. He loved going to shopping so that he can get whatever he likes, moreover his mama would always give him rides on shopping carts.

~ ~ ~

Two hours after breakfast, the little family choose to go to the nearby store to do some shopping. Azaan was sitting in the cart at first but then he insisted on getting down. So, here they were walking in the store. "I will get my oats, I'll be back." Abu Bakr said and disappeared somewhere.