two

Pity Party

"I don't think Izana likes birthday parties."

"What can he do if we throw a party? It's his birthday, yes, but we're the 'visitors'. We have the right to choose what to do. if he doesn't want to eat, then don't. No one's forcing him, he's not a loss," Y/N said, contradicting what Kakucho said.

"You're right, point taken." Rindou raised his hand asking for a high five. She nodded and gave him what he wants.

"He's the one who's going to have a birthday, not you. It's like you're the one we'll gonna be singing, "happy birthday!" to. This is why he hates you to the grave, Y/N."

Ran shakes his head, disappointment plastered on his face. She gave him a wink and just shut up on the side, letting them decide whatever they want to happen.

They came to a decision to just buy him a cake. It's simple since just like what Kakucho said, Izana doesn't like parties.

Y/N already thought of that since she sees Izana as boring, predictable, and lives a monotonous life with no girls at his side. Talk about growing older every year and still bitchless.

"So, who's gonna pay for the cake?" Ran said.

Mochi, Rindou, and Kakucho shook their heads aggressively. Since there are only five of them in the room, and Ran seems to have no intention of paying for it at all, Y/N is left with the responsibility to shoulder the expenses. It's not that expensive but the idea of spending your precious money on your most hated person just doesn't sit right.

"Why me?!"

"Think of this as a way of us helping you to relieve Izana's annoyance for you. We're lending you a hand here," Rindou moved his eyebrows up and down.

"Can't we just kidnap Black Dragon's Kokonui Hajima—or whatever his name is? He's like a walking black card!" she snarled.

"No!"

Two days passed and it's already the thirtieth. Rindou slammed on the doors of Y/N's house early. They got yelled at but at least they got her sitting at the back of Ran's motorcycle with her bed hair, and that's what matters.

They got Izana a cheesecake as it was the cheapest, and they're running out of time. They rushed to the headquarters and made it before the clock struck at nine.

"He's coming, he's coming."

"Shut up, Rindou."

With lights off and only having the candle on top of the cake as the source of light, Kakucho came in with his hands covering the silver blond's eyes. He led him near her.

Her hands are trembling and sweating that made the cake unstable. She felt them tiring but she can't do anything as the two are only five steps away.

"Hurry up!" she whisper yelled.

"What?"

She received glares before they started singing. Kakucho took his hands off of Izana's eyes and stay a little away from them.

Izana blinked multiple times to adjust his vision. The others have stopped singing the moment he looked up and faced them.

"Wow, peasant. You bought me a cake?" he asked.

It's his birthday, it's his birthday.

"I did. Now make a wish and blow the candle. This might be your last birthday, we never know."

"Do you plan to kill me?"

"Hurry, my hands are getting tired."

He looked at her intently for a whole minute before blowing the candle. They then split the cake into six slices and had it as their breakfast.

"Does anyone buy drinks?"

"No. Y/N, go buy us some. I think there's a vending machine outside."

"What am I, your bank account and your errand-runner? You do it," her eyes widened as she shook her head and ate half of the slice whole.

"Just go. Do you really think I let you in Tenjiku for nothing?" She heard him say.

Upset, she dropped the fork and left her dishes inside. She wept bitterly as she came out and smashed the vending machine to take her anger out to it.

"Does he think that I enjoy being here? No! No one can stand his behavior except Kakucho. He thinks so highly of himself, just like that asshole Mikey."

She headed back and tossed cans to each of them. She almost hit Izana in the face with the soda can if it weren't her conscience holding her back.

She has expected them to make her wash their dishes too and take their wastes into the trash can, and they didn't disappoint her.

August thirty of two thousand and five, L/N Y/N spent the rest of the day in humiliation just like in the past year.