thirteen

Pitter Patter

"Do you want to eat?"

She's crouching as she sits down, getting tired of hearing Izana's rehearsed questions. Y/N's ears have been tingling for a while because of that.

It's either "Do you want to eat", "Have you eaten", "What do you want to eat", "Are you okay", "Are you tired", or "Do you need something?" bothering her. He's like a toddler running around her and that's more concerning.

"Do you want to go home?" Izana asked, finally sitting beside her with distance still after walking back and forth in front of her.

She inhaled and exhaled in hopes of calming down, trying to not lash out at him.

In the past few days, Y/N noticed some behavioral changes in Izana. Not in a bad way, though. He walks her to her house, exempts her from paying for food and insists that he'll pay for her share, takes her side when she and Rindou fight, and much more.

They're things Izana wouldn't normally do if it were early 2005s. But people change, as they might say. However, it's still weird for her.

Is he like, guilty? Like guilty. Like he's guilty because he treats me like a slave. But like Kurokawa Izana doesn't get guilty for things like this. That's so unusual for him. But like… why do I keep saying "like"?

"Don't you have anything to do today?"

"Nothing," he stared at her and did not break eye contact until Y/N broke it.

Izana's so weird today. What for?

"I'm okay, I'm okay. You don't have to worry about me."

"But are you really…?"

"Stop nagging me!"

Izana nodded and patted her head. That made her eyes slightly wide. Y/N pursed her lips to prevent her from releasing an awkward smile.

He turned into a fucking oddball!

"Go away!"

Izana stood up and brushed his pants to take the dirt off of it. He walked towards the headquarters' main entrance, which is the gate of the abandoned warehouse. He opened a little gap on it and stared at her again before walking away. He's probably off to buy something.

Y/N shakes her head. What a weirdo he turned into.

Izana went out, and the other executives are off to do 'their business', which is probably girls. She doesn't see any Tenjiku members too so that leaves her alone with her thoughts.

It has been 11 days since she saw and heard anything about Kisaki. It's not like she cares about his plan that much. Kisaki didn't contact her within those 11 days too, saying that he'll call her again when he needs to. What a weirdo.

It has also been like two weeks since the Haitanis brothers stayed away a little from her. Meaning, it's been 14 days since they last talked and the Haitanis have also ignored her within those weeks. They avoided her in any way and anywhere possible—weekly meetings, in the streets, whenever Kakucho treats them out to eat, even when they are training. That's how sulky they are. Weirdos too.

Y/N didn't notice that 20 minutes had passed as she was spacing out and too lost wondering. Izana had also returned from outside. She confirmed that when she heard a loud rattle coming from the iron gates of the warehouse.

He's back with two big black plastic bags in each of his hands. He's swinging it lightly until he draws near her.

Izana handed Y/N one of the plastic bags. Inside are several paper takeout containers which she guesses around 10 boxes. She opened one and there's 12 takoyakis insides.

"You bought a lot!" She looked at the bag's inside then she looked back at him with his eyebrows furrowed and mouth somewhat opened.

"I did?"

"Yes!"

"I thought you're angry at me and you're hungry. So I bought a lot in case."

"Why would I be mad at you?"

"Nevermind. Have as much as you want. You can throw the leftovers away," he then placed the other bag beside her with various soft drinks and energy drinks.

Y/N tugged on the hem of his shirt when he attempted to leave again. She pulled him beside her to sit.

"It never rained food, so help me eat this. Also call uh… Rindou and the others."

Izana yelled for them. Y/N didn't know that the executives were just around. They got near the two quickly and she handed them other boxes with Izana beside her, eating her food without her knowing.

It was a bit awkward for Ran, Rindou, and Y/N. They kept on looking at each other in the sides of their eyes. But then the three of them thought that it was the other's fault so there were no words spoken among them. Izana and Kakucho found that weird since Y/N and Rindou are the closest, but decided to not just point it out.

The next day, Izana showed up in front of Y/N's apartment. He dragged her outside. He was fine about her having drools on her face and bed hair, but Y/N resisted him.

It took an hour only for her to come out wearing a f/c tracksuit. They walked their way to 31.

"Ice cream at nine in the morning? I can't believe you."

They got their orders and Izana asked for ice cream cake for her.

"Hey, it's free. Just eat it. You'll not get sick if you trust me."

Y/N sliced her f/f ice cream cake in quarters since it was small, and ate it.

"So, why did you bring me here?"

Izana stopped eating ice cream and looked at him. He frowned and spaced out, seemingly thinking of a reason.

Why did I bring her here again?

"Uh, I don't know. I want to waste my money, I guess."

"Could it be that you have a crush on me?" Y/N wiggles her eyebrows while she smirks at him. She's poking his left cheek and that made him drop his parfait's spoon.

"You bet, bitch. And the audacity? Hello? You're ugly," Izana slapped her hand lightly and picked up his spoon, acting like nothing happened when that in fact made him a little 'nervous'.

"How bold of you to call me that when you look like a fucking cow with white lashes on them."

Y/N rolled her eyes and continued eating. She even had a second just to annoy and embarrass him.

October seventeen of two thousand and five, Izana tried calming his heart that quickly revived itself back to life when he got his first interaction with a lady.