twenty-three

A/N: Hello, sorry for the late update. I was busy doing the last seven chapters so it took me almost two weeks to post this. Anyway, enjoy this chapter! :)

Cold Feet, Bad Blood

Rindou — who has been singing a lot lately and who loves to hear himself sing — is rushing around the tarnished metal pipes, clanking and rattling them with a stick he found outside. He said he was having a hard time whether he should quit being a delinquent and be an aspiring mellow singer or just stay the way he is. Either way, all of them wish that he finds out what his heart has been crying for, as hearing the raw and irking noise the pipes create every day, every night was deafening and life-threatening.

If anyone can tell something, that something is this has been going for days and stays a long way to nights. Y/N, Kakucho, Izana, and even Shion asked Ran several times this week what was going on before he finally answered their questions. The older Haitani sighed before saying, "He's going through his seasonal teenage angst where he sings blue music. He hoards vinyl discs around this time of the year every year and sings his lungs out until it's 11 pm. This is the exact reason why we moved out of our neighborhood in Roppongi and moved somewhere a little far because I could no longer withstand the embarrassment."

There, they surrounded Izana sitting on a chair — all expressing their disappointment and partially, their irritants by letting out a deep sigh. Rindou seemed to hear them as he stopped and dropped the stick to the ground, walking in their direction with his hands in his pockets while a confused look started to stir on his face.

"Are you all good?" Rindou asked.

All of them nodded. It was only a matter of time when Izana's phone rang. He flipped it open to heed who the caller was and that caught Y/N's attention. She was paying a little too much interest to it to the point that she recognized whose number was plastered on the screen.

The thought of it gave her a minor brain fog. Why's he calling Izana? What does he want from him?

The silver blond rose from his seat and left the warehouse without a word. That left her with Mochi, Ran, Rindou, Kakucho, and Shion — s well as the cold and empty air which made it all awkward for them.

"What date is it today?"

"December 1," and a Thursday. It was a day sent-from-heaven and she was lucky that there's no school that day as the faculty had some conference and meetings and stuff going on that'll preoccupy the teachers all day. Everyone was free too, which was a coincidence, that's why they're all gathered.

"I have a plan."

"Whatever it is, I don't care and I'm leaving. Not interested. Bye." And just like that, Mochi was gone. Rindou could care less as Mochi was never really interested in things other than bashing skulls and breaking bones.

"No one can back out now. Let's see... We have my ugly brother Ran, Kaku, Y/N, Shion, and me. Five can make a good team, okay, okay."

"What else are you planning?" Kakucho asked.

"It's your first month together, am I right?"

"Huh? Who?"

"Y/N and Izana."

"What the fuck? They're–they're together?" Shion was trying so hard to hold back his cackle. Ran looks at the blond and shakes his head.

"Yes, we are. And I don't think there's anything wrong with it. What does it have to do with you anyway?" Y/N finally snapped. The funny sensation she has been feeling for multiple days in a row towards the tattooed blond was bottled up, and the emotions burst out fiercer than before. Shion did not expect it, as it doesn't align with the knowledge he was given.

"I don't think 'there's nothing wrong with it'. I was told a different story, Y/N. I was told that you and Izana has a completely different relationship than how and what you to show us and that you're f–"

"—fucking shut up. Shut the fuck up, Madarame. No one cares about your opinion or the kind of bullshit you spit out so sit down, lay back, or maybe leave. You fucking piss me off." Her hands were shaking and her whole body felt like she was being given an ice-cold bath, as the shivers can't seem to go away.

Inside that minute, Y/N's secret she keeps the most was almost revealed. Madarame's smile is humiliating but also upsetting, which adds fuel to the fire she's trying to put off.

"Chill, everyone. Shion, stop bothering Y/N. Stop it. I know he's ugly and you can't help it but there's nothing else we can do to change his face. He's born that way," Rindou mediated between the two of them with the most disturbing pleading look. It was giving the 'look, this isn't you' and it was annoying, disgusting, and overall was the most pick-me thing a grown delinquent can do. It was Rindou who's in question here, after all.

"Just tell us what you want to do, please. For the love of Pete, tell us what's your plan," Kakucho said, rolling his eyes.

" I will sing."

"Oh god."

"Here we are again."

"Can you please stop?"

"Are you kidding me? It's the best thing! Singing and dancing and stuff." Rindou tried to explain, "Also, it was the best thing you can do for someone. For example, if you're too broke to even afford to buy a present — which Y/N is a perfect example of — singing works," but he was cut off even before he got to justify his means further and convince them to do it with him.

"I'm not cut for that. Sorry," Kakucho mocked. There, Ran trailed with "Don't come for me, you know how far from our old neighborhood it took when I last sang", which leaves Shion and Y/N in the limelight.

Both of them knew there's no way they would — not like they want to sing — do it for Rindou or his rotten persuasion, but they know better that they won't do it as they both don't want to be embarrassed. Shion hates to sing as he sees it as a very discomfiting thing to do, while Y/N doesn't want to sing for the sole purpose of the possibility of being humiliated.