seventeen

Cloud On The Horizon

"Can you be my boyfriend?"

Like a clown thrown onto the stage unprepared, Izana's face lit up with shock. Y/N didn't think that her actions would actually stupefy him as she sees Izana as someone who's always wary of what he does and what he looks like.

But now that she's given a chance to see him flat-footed, flustered to add it up, it seems like she too has problems connecting the dots-the things she just said.

It's terrifying enough to her to ask someone out as a very prideful person, but to top it with an even worse thing-the worse thing being Izana the one she asked out, it crumbled her dignity like a sheet of paper. It was the most embarrassing moment of her life, yet, and it just made her feel the need to be swallowed by the ground.

That's actually so dumb and humiliating, god! What should I say? Should I take that back or what? He's staring straight at me! Why's he looking at me like that? Heck, he's burning me down. And he's not moving!

"No way, that's so l-lame."

Y/N's jaw dropped.

"I'd stab you with a knife if you say that again," Izana turned his back on her with his eyes still bulging.

That made her face crumple up, all sour and probably embarrassed. That was expected, though it shook her world a little. But the way things became, there's no turning back now. As Kisaki said, she has to do it as soon as possible. And that "asap" moment is now.

"W-wait wait. Hear me out first, please."

She held him back by clutching to the sleeves of his shirt. He made such a dramatic turn to meet her, her eyes almost tearing up.

Y/N took a deep breath and exhaled heavily.

"N-No, don't want to."

"Hear me out first, dammit! Do you think this doesn't embarrass me?"

"Then why would you ask me that?!"

"Because...er... You never had a girlfriend, have you?"

This should make a big turn because I have no idea what I'm currently doing. Fuck you, Kisaki. Just curse you.

"That doesn't matter to me! Not at all but still! What is it to you, anyway?"

"So you admit that you never had a girlfriend before. Does that mean that I'm your first?"

"I haven't agreed with you."

"Well, now you have to because it'd be embarrassing for everyone to know you never had a girlfriend before. Just think how much Ran and Rindou will laugh once they find out."

"Th-This is blackmailing!"

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is!"

"Do you want me to court you first, then?" She says, trying to laugh it off. The way Izana's ears turned red is proof that what she was saying is true, that the young man never really had a relationship with anyone.

There's nothing to be upset about. There's also nothing wrong with not having a relationship yet. She's doing this solely because this is the only way she envisions him agreeing with her, although this is probably a bad idea. It's such a disappointment that she resorted to this but that didn't bother her, not at all.

"This is so shameful of you, god... Are you this desperate?"

Izana put his right hand on his hips while his other hand covered his eyes. He's shaking his head, disappointed. Y/N only forced a smile to make it less awkward.

"I can tell that your answer is yes. Well then, I guess my answer is "yes" too..."

"Really?"

He nodded and sighed. "Now, shut up and let me take you back to your place."

Shortly after the awkwardness faded, they left. Izana took the h/c-haired home without meeting her gaze nor responding to the way she talks about her thoughts. No matter how much nor how amusing she blabbers, his mouth never opened up. Only a small smile there is on his lips. But he never took his attention off of her words, the way her voice goes up and down, and how she laughed.

"Get inside. I won't leave until you've entered your apartment," he muttered.

"Are you sure you don't need water anymore?"

The silver blond shook his head gently.

"Okay."

"Okay..."

"Good night then," Y/N smiled. She opened the gate and closed it after she got inside the compound. But then she turned to him again, motioned her hands for him to get closer, and kissed his cheek for a millisecond.

She saw how Izana's already wide eyes bulged, for the nth time of that night, and his ears had a faint color of red. She ran inside quickly, leaving him there all wordless.

Was that my first kiss? I never kissed Mikey the whole time we were together, so that technically was my first kiss. Did I really give it to Izana? What the hell. Why did I even do that?

She was disturbed from her thoughts when her phone buzzed thrice. She already showered and changed her clothes, so all that's left for her to do is lay down on her bed and sleep.

She opened her message inbox. It was an unknown number and multiple texts.

NOV 1, 2005, 22:27
UNKNOWN NUMBER

Unknown Number:
r u already asleep
hey peasant
hello

L/N Y/N:
I'm sorry, but who is this?

Unknown Number:
Barney
this is barney u stopid bitch

L/N Y/N:
I don't speak dino language, I'm sorry.

Unknown Number:
...
This is Izana sabe my nomber

L/N Y/N:
I don't think I know any Izana.
You have the wrong number.

Unknown Number:
but Rindou said dis Y/N number
stop fooling me
this is ur boyfriend !!!