seven

A Reward That Feels More Like A Compensation

It's only nine in the morning but Y/N is already bathing in sweat. Her white shirt's soaking and its collar turned gray, probably from all the sweating and dirt.

Her body's slowly being swallowed by her tiredness but she has to force herself to carry three more tires or else Izana and Rindou will yell at her again.

"You have two more minutes! And three more tires. Stack them with the other tires you carried earlier."

Izana wasn't joking when he said he would punish her yesterday.

At six in the morning of September nine of two thousand and five, Tenjiku Executives are already at her doorstep, knocking to get her out. How she wished that she didn't open the door. If only she knew hell was waiting for her.

"It wasn't even my fault! It's not like I'm his watery poop. And hell, this is military training, and I'm not even in the army!" she whispered.

"Are you saying something?"

Y/N rolled her eyes and forced a huge smile with her eyes wide open.

If it wasn't for Rindou and Ran begging Izana to be her "Training Mentors", Y/N for sure will get embalmed. Rindou's machine-gun mouth finally has a good use, and she thanked it very much.

"Nothing!" she shouted. She pulled the wheel down with her bare hands and rolled it. When she felt Izana's stare following her, she held the tire and lifted it. She finally finished the task within five minutes.

"30 minutes and 45 seconds for 12 tires!" Kakucho pressed the button to stop the timer.

Tiredness overpowered Y/N and that's why she passed out and fell on the stacked wheels. Some fell and rolled and one fell on her stomach. But she could care less about the weight since what matters most that time is that she gets to lay down.

"Is she dead?"

"No, she told me she's made of steel."

"Go over there!"

Ran approached her and lifted the wheel that was on her stomach. He threw it away without difficulty.

"You okay?" He asked her with concern laced in his voice.

Ran held out his arm to help her stand up. She managed to touch his hand despite being worn out.

"You look so tired. I'll ask Izana for a break, hm?"

"Okay..."

He threw her over his shoulder and walked back to the others. Kakucho told him to lay her inside the headquarters since it would be more comfortable for her.

When Y/N felt the hard chairs glued together to make her a bed for her to lie on, she woke up and immediately got up. She supposed she only slept for ten minutes since her shirt's still somewhat wet.

The discomfort she felt when her arms and back woke up and started to ache is really painful. She tried to shake it off when she stood up but it seems that her legs gave up on her too.

Anyhow, she managed to make it to the doorstep of the headquarters while still sitting on one of the chairs. She was about to open the door when she overheard the Tenjiku Executives talking.

"Izana, don't you think you're being harsh on her?"

"No. She deserves it. I shouldn't have let her in Tenjiku because she's weak, but I made her an exemption because I felt sorry for her then."

"Yeah, Kaku's somewhat right. You're being harsh to me! I highly doubt Ran and Rindou or even Kakucho have gone through this," she slammed the door open and the knob hit Izana's back. He was pushed a little as the door opened.

"Ow—what? Ran and Rindou ruled Roppongi before they joined me. Kakucho, he trained with me and was with me even before I made Tenjiku. You, I picked you up from some sidewalk in Tokyo because you're being a scaredy-cat one night. Tell me, aren't you different from them?"

"Oh..."

"You can't even get up from your seat right now. I thought you'd be useful as a 'servant' like what you are to me, but I guess you're not. You complain a lot about things I make you do since day one and I'm getting sick of it."

He looked at her intently and pointed at her face with his index finger before walking away. That left her overwhelmed and speechless. She thinks he's annoyed with her but she can't do anything about it because after all, he's right.

He's right.

Maybe because of her own annoyance and shock, tears formed in her eyes. The three looked at her awkwardly and did not speak a word. She tried her best to hold it back so the others would not pity her anymore.

"Hey, Y/N. I think it's best if you go home now and just come back tomorrow. Don't worry, we'll continue to help you even if he gets madder at us," Kakucho whispered and smiled.

Kakucho's words sorta made her feel better. So before she felt worse, she gathered her things and left all by herself. He offered to take her home but she refused.

The next day, she came back just like how they settled it the day before. That day, Kakucho, Ran, and Rindou taught her the basics of combat skills. How to kick people's asses, to sum it up.

The training went on for about 20 days to "polish it all up" before they decided to let her rest for a day.

September 29. Ran said he'll reward her for making it through the "Twenty Days of Pure Torture Hosted by Izana". She can't sit straight because it feels like her bum is being tickled in excitement. It's only September twenty-eight of two thousand and five, though.