twenty-five

The Calm Before The Storm

"Knock on the door. C'mon, we've been standing here for thirty minutes!"

"You do it. You got us here!"

8 in the morning. Five hours of sleep. Bees buzzing at her doorstep. A Saturday morning — a day where she should be laying down and hiding beneath her weighted blanket. It was supposed to be a rest day for Y/N, but that's not the case for that day.

"Did you make a snowball? Throw it out."

She rose from her bed and dragged herself towards the door when the murmurs won't stop haunting her. She opened the door half-asleep only to be caught in the face by a raw, full-blown snowball. The snow skims from Y/N's face down to her feet, drenching her in the process.

"Oh shit."

All of them fell silent and froze on the spot. The h/c-haired wiped her face with her sleeves and sniffed. It hasn't dawned on her that she has been taken off her sleep, hasn't had her morning coffee yet, is half-asleep — technically not anymore, but hey, at least she got her first snow tasting that December.

Wait, snow?

Y/N looked up from looking down and met five pairs of eyes. Shion, Ran, Izana, Rindou, Kakucho — that's how they stand from her left to right. She also looked behind them and noticed that the apartment's yard had been covered in a shallow mat of snow. She was about to smile because of it but then she remembered what was currently happening — the Haitanis, Kakucho, Izana, and The Ugly Motherfucker Shion were at her doorstep, still not moving.

"That was a nice facial."

"Good Lord, please let me have enough patience for at least five full minutes," Y/N closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Now, who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give me a fucking snow facial at 8 in the fucking morning?!"

"You cuss like a sailor. Can you do that again?" Shion asked.

Y/N analyzed them so raw that she saw the snowballs melt in their hands, palms and fingers all drenched apart from Izana. She forced him to look at her without the need to reach for him until he finally looked away. The four others seemed to feel the tension as it pretty much affects everyone's mood — turning the funny ambiance into an awkward one. That's probably the reason Rindou nudged the silver blond's shoulder and whispered something into his ear.

At first, it confused her as to why they were acting so weird early in the morning. But later on, she wished that she should've stepped back inside and gone back to sleep, as the snow facial appears to be yet enough as payback for something she didn't know she did.

Izana grabbed Y/N by her knee crook and threw her over his shoulder. Her feet were dangling and would sometimes touch the floor when they were going down the stairs and walking towards the apartment's front yard as she was almost the same height as Izana.

"Hurry," Izana whispered, later on motioning his free hand that wasn't holding the back of her knees. She tried to protest — even tried to jump off of his shoulders, but he was just way too strong to even turn to.

"What are you doing?!" Y/N stressed, but Izana just chuckled. "We're going to give you a bath, you stink so much I can smell it all the way to the headquarters."

"You're so mean. I gathered up all my courage to sing for you even though it pretty much destroyed my dignity and this is how you'll pay me?"

"Done."

"Done. It's even shaped like a bathtub, wow."

Before she could even know it, she had fallen into the freezing and almost solid snow. The cold immediately entered her system and sent her thousands of bolts. She didn't even notice how Izana just tossed her into the snow like a bath bomb. Y/N's fall hurts, but hey, at least she got to see Izana laugh again.