nineteen

A/N: short update ahead. Currently going through writer's block so I apologize for how short this chapter is.

Let The Cat Out The Bag

Y/N's fist hit Izana's jaw when he didn't expect her speed. He knew it was too late when he realized he should've avoided her blow. He waved his hand in the air to pause for a moment to rest his jaw, as it started to ache a little.

Four days after their grave visit, Izana started training Y/N to strengthen and sharpen her combat skills. He told her that two to three months from now, a battle he's been looking forward to for a long time will happen. That's why she needs thorough and fine training in order to join the fight.

The h/c haired pulled off her gloves and went towards the silver blond's direction. He was sitting on the ground, boxing mitts loose and almost removed, hand rubbing the part of his face where it caught the impact the most.

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?" she asked, caressing his face where he was touching it.

Izana's legs are kinda opened while he's sitting, so Y/N kneeled in between them to get closer to him. He was hanging his head low and wouldn't talk so she took his other hand that was leaning on the ground and took off his boxing mitt, then after that, she removed the other one.

"Hey, Izana."

Y/N didn't notice how close she is to him and that he was getting uneasy, the reason why he was not moving. Getting even more worried and troubled, she tried to raise his face by touching his chin.

"Hello-"

There she saw his lips suppressing a smile. The fear in her instantly vanished when he giggled at what she was doing. She sighed, letting the distress leave her body.

Y/N didn't even notice that Izana clasped his hands behind her, seemingly confining her in his league. So when she pushed him down on the ground, she went with him and caught the fall she sent Izana into.

Izana laughed as her face sank into his chest. She strived to break free from his embrace in which he, in turn, tightened more. The h/c resorted to the option of punching his chest in hopes of him letting her go, but she grew tired and only realized then that he's not giving up any time soon.

"We're both bathing in sweat-you're so annoying!" She struggled. She moved his head, tried to tickle him, and even wiggled around his touch. Still, Izana didn't give up on being a hard wall that was surrounding her.

He knew a way to stop her from moving around, though he was hesitant to do it, he still gave it a try.

A kiss on her head, his lips brushed against it making it feel like he put a diamond on her already shiny crown. That definitely froze her and stopped moving.

"Did that put you in place?"

Y/N felt her blood rushing to her cheeks. It was not that visible, but the embarrassment he put her into unquestionably is.

"Shut up..."

Their groans and laughter are interrupted when the rowdy clatter of the warehouse opens. Since it's a Sunday, only the heavenly kings went to the headquarters to, of course, watch over her, as they don't really trust the word Izana had with them considering how hot his blood boils towards her.

"Surprising. I thought y'all are enemies but look what show you're putting on."

"Izana hugging Y/N who he always calls a peasant? We need pictures. Take your phone out, Kaku."

"Don't look, she's shy."

"I'm not!"

"Is this the enemies-to-lovers trope?"

"I don't know either."

"They're together. Izana took her on a date to the cemetery where Shinichiro-san was buried. I know because I went after them. Y'all want receipts? I have them."

November six of two thousand and five, the smell of it one day–they had been sparring in the middle of the warehouse, she pinned him down and laughed, her hair dangling down to his cheeks.