twenty-nine

On A Hiding To Nothing

"Is that you, Y/N?"

Despite the thick layers of clothes she's wearing in the light wind and the present temperature of 6°C, Y/N can still feel the cold penetrating through her clothes and engulfing her skin. The wind did not only bother her because she was cold, though. Where she was at that time made everything a little challenging, such as keeping herself warm, as small movements could cause her to fall. She also never thought that sitting on a pile of boxes was the "help" Kakucho asked her for.

"If my calculation is right, Takemitchi should be here by 11."

"Takemichi?"

"Hanagaki Takemichi, Tokyo Manji Gang's newfound member, and probably their newest first-division captain. I thought you knew him since you went to watch Bloody Halloween?"

"Oh, the bleached blond. I remember now. So what am I supposed to do?"

"You're gonna help me tell him..."

As soon as Izana left, Kakucho began telling Y/N the plan. It wasn't that hard to comprehend, but she couldn't get herself to be into it. Probably because it wasn't formed the way she wanted it to be, as the plan contains stopping Izana from brawling with Mikey.

Well, that was her plan in the first place. To see Mikey on his knees, begging for forgiveness for all the things he had caused her. Defeated, to put it mildly.

The only thing she saw as a way to satisfy her scheme was to use Izana. After all, all he was at first was a stepping stone - both to Kisaki and her. She accepted all of Kisaki's words and devoured them to her core, every single time, with no exact explanation for why. It was as if she was... hypnotized. His influence poured more fuel into her already burning hatred for Mikey, and her being enthralled by the odds of Mikey burning with the fire that he started in her, she closed her eyes with the blindfolds Kisaki offered.

But with things drifting off her plans, she can't help but question if that will ever happen. Drifting. Her plan is, as to how anyone would word it, falling apart. Everything is not falling into places like how she planned them to. And she's doubting them, having second thoughts if she should keep going or not.

"Oh, hi-" Y/N paused when she felt the boxes she was sitting on moved. Kakucho gave her a glance to make sure she was okay after she shrieked before proceeding.

"Get them, guys!" Kakucho commanded, to which the hundred remaining Tenjiku members obeyed. Not even a minute then, the headquarters were emptied once again.

"4 against 100... that would be a bit unfair, no?" Though Y/N cannot see his face, mischief can be traced in Kakucho's voice. "Let's do a 4 versus 1."

Chifuyu, Angry, and Takemitchi's expressions all showed a hint of shock. Despite the fact that he was the only one grinning, Smiley couldn't help but feel irritated, which was nothing new for Y/N. Smiley stepped in, ready to fight Kakucho, which only means one thing - everything was going according to Y/N and Kakucho's plan as of that time.

Smiley then introduced himself to Kakucho while clenching his fists, and the scarred did the same. Shortly after that, they began fighting. The two exchanged a few uppercuts and punches before the fight stopped, which, as to how they planned it, with Kakucho losing in the end.

The four of them turned their backs to Kakucho and Y/N, probably thinking everything had ended. With the scarred still lying on the ground, Y/N tried to go down from her seat and failed miserably, which resulted in her falling into more boxes in her attempt to reach the ground.