twenty-six

Stay With Me

As Rindou kneels on the floor with his hands clasped together and knees shaking - him making it seem like they're hurting and breaking and enclosing his hands together until they turn pale, he begs as if his life solely hangs on a decision about to be made right in front of him. He knelt in front of the silver blond and the h/c-haired and stood on his knees, lifting his arms to encompass the h/c-haired's shoulders.

"Don't touch her," Izana slapped the chicken head's hand away. Rindou withdrew his hand away and stroked it, later on rumbling on the ground.

"Let me go. Please let me go, Izana. Please? This is the only time of the year Ran and I wouldn't be around you so shouldn't you be happy? You'll have fewer headaches this holiday. Also, this is the only time I can get myself a girlfriend...maybe a couple. So allow me to go, please?"

"Stop acting like a fucking child and get up. You're 18, not 5. And you heard it. I said no."

"Please, please, please! I'd do anything. You want me to give you my cards? Okay, that's fine. I have plenty. Do you want to-"

"I said no. Stop it. I have a ton of money so I don't need your cards. Will you please stop it? Ran, take care of your brother for me or I will slam him to the wall myself. Stop ruining my morning."

"Just let them be," Y/N butt in. "Rindou won't stop, I'm telling you. Also, they're right. It's the holidays. We all should take a break and have peace. Let's do a ceasefire. It wouldn't hurt to have one," she suggested, pertaining to gang wars.

"That's right. You have to listen to your girlfriend, Izana." Ran jokes.

"You wouldn't understand," Izana leaned in and whispered in her ears. His breath alone was frigid enough to give her goosebumps, but the way it tickles gave her a funny feeling in her stomach. She shivered and the Haitanis noticed the sudden movement, that was why there were ghosts of grins on their faces. That made her frown.

"Yes, I would. Now, tell me why you don't want them to go."

The silver blond just sighed, understanding he was already defeated. He had figured out a long time ago that the right time to rationalize his anger and lust towards gang conflicts, and the moment someone would finally believe him and his principles would never come. Y/N is no stranger to him, yes, but he knows her. And he also knows that no matter how complex he explains it to her, she would not bend. He could not make her bend.

"Fine."

"Nice. Just hit the phone up if you need us. We'll always be around. See you," Ran gave him a salute and walked away, dragging Rindou with him. The Haitanis walked side to side, even having their arms on each other's shoulders and laughing, clearly happy.

"Izana is an under, I knew it."

"Tangina mo."

"Yeah, we love you too."

Izana took Y/N home afterward. It was the 24th, Christmas Eve. All while on the ride home, the two were conversing about whether one should come over or not. They did not get a definite answer from each other, and it's not good to have an enemy on the eve of Christmas so they agreed to just leave each other alone.

They passed by the streets and by the main highway where they saw a lot of people lining up outside KFC. She thought they could stop by as the smell of chicken is appetizing. But Izana is already frowning, and there were a lot of people so it's not really an option.

After she entered the apartment, the h/c-haired marched to the kitchen and snacked on everything she found edible in the kitchen, since she found cooking a very tiring task to do that night. Going to the convenience store would not work either as it was getting late. Her kitchen cupboards were fully stocked, and she didn't feel hungry at all. After all, a trip to the Haitanis' residence was like grocery shopping.

She went to bed and found days after that passed like seconds. She spent the remaining seven days of the year under her blanket, shivering, and eating a box of ramen noodles all while watching dramas on the tv. School is on a break, Christmas is over, and it was the most peaceful time of the year for her. So peaceful that she was left alone with her thoughts that she thought an overnight glow up will be fire. So now, at seven in the evening, she has a sheet mask plastered on her face since she passed by a store selling them when she once went out to buy drinks. She has no plans of going out nor does she want to stay up late at night. All she wanted was to sleep early and wake up with a full glow-up next year.

"Okay, so... Start with a clean palette. A proper skin cleansing yada yada yada. I've washed my face, okay. Step one is done," Y/N tore the plastic apart to get the mask out. She then walked towards the body mirror in the living room and sat in front of it for a closer look at herself.

"Keep a straight face and do not put all the serum on your face. You can use them to massage your chest, hands, neck, or even feet. Keep the mask on for 10 to 25 minutes, as long as it does not exceed 30 minutes." She applied the mask as accurately as the instructions said. Fortunately, her clumsiness didn't interfere. That was the last one and it would be a hassle to go out to buy multiple masks.

Y/N threw the plastic in the trash and went back to where she sat earlier where she was watching the tv. She threw the blanket over her head and snuggled beneath it. Her seat hadn't warmed up yet when she heard the doorbell ring.

Bothered, she threw away the blanket and walked towards the door. She opened it with a slam, with a frown on her face, and ready to rumble.

"For the love of god, Izana. At least text me if you're coming over!"

"Oh well, Happy New Year."

On December 31st of two thousand and five, Y/N thought she'll spend the New Year alone but the silver blond does otherwise. He showed up on her doorstep on the last day of the year.