eighteen

A/N: Sorry for the late update, my sister kicked me in the eye and I had to get it checked. Anyway, here's chapter 18 for you to enjoy!

Patched Up Hearts

"Why do you always come without notice?"

Without a warning, Izana walked past the h/c and went inside. He said no 'Good Morning!' at all, just straight up invited himself in. He didn't even look at her when she opened the door after he knocked on it so hard-the reason she woke up.

"Just feel like it."

"Have you eaten?"

"Not yet. By the way, have you saved my number?"

Y/N closed the refrigerator door and turned to Izana who was looking at her intently. She furrowed her eyebrows, pretending to wonder about what he said.

"You didn't give me your number."

"I texted you last night."

"No, you didn't. My inbox has been empty since the other day."

"Stop pretending!" Izana scoffed, making her laugh. She proceeded on raiding her almost empty fridge only to pick eggs and scrape the cold rice from yesterday to make fried rice.

"Has it sunk into you yet?"

"Sink in what?"

"That you have the most stunning, adorable, lovely, gorgeous girlfriend like me. Were you able to have a good sleep yesterday night? Oh well, think about how lucky you are to have me as your first."

"Is the fried rice done yet?"

"How rude."

They had breakfast together. Izana washed the dishes wholeheartedly, and that kinda shocked Y/N. While he was cleaning the plates and utensils they used, Y/N took a quick shower. After she was done, he told her to wear nice shoes and change her clothes to better ones. She asked him why, he said that they'll go on a "date" and he'll introduce her to a very important person and that she should wear something proper.

She threw in the nicest clothes she has, and the only pair of shoes there is in her shoe rack.

They left the apartment complex at 9 o'clock. This time, Izana brought his motorcycle with him which Y/N is thankful for. The only thing that caused them-or maybe it's just her, a problem is that he drives so harsh and bad she feels the tires are gonna rip any time.

"We're here. Now, stop gripping on me like a damn monkey and get off."

"It's done?"

"Yes, it's done."

She's still clinging onto him, specifically on his waist, so he had no choice but to park the motorcycle on a double stand to ensure their safety and get her down with him. Y/N received a painful flick on the forehead and that made her frown, while Izana entered the place.

She opened her closed eyes and they caught him already walking ahead of her with his hands in his pockets. She ran to him and walked beside him.

She looked up at the sky and scanned her surroundings to make sure she was not making up things. The familiar smell of jasmine flower remained in her sense of smell. The mold on broken pavements, the dozens of rows of gravestones, the huge trees towering over her and protecting them from the sun rays, definitely a cemetery.

"Do you plan on burying me alive here?"

They passed by a row and took a turn to the right, then took a turn to the right again before walking on a row and stopping midway. A big engraving on the gravestone says it all.

Sano Family Grave

Izana sat down on the floor in front of the gravestone. He brushed the dried leaves and dirt away from its surface and put a can of coffee and a box of cigarettes on the side of it.

"You have to dig up your grave first because I'm not gonna do that."

Y/N invited herself to sit next to him without releasing a word. They both sat there in silence, just watching the grave as if it's a very interesting tv show.

"Hey, Shinichiro. Look who I came with," Izana mumbled, his lips slipping into a half-smile.

"I did it just like how I promised you. This halfwit's name is Y/N. And you see, she's my first ever girlfriend. God, why did I even say that?"

Y/N looked at the right side of the grave and saw something that confirmed all her speculations.

August 14, 2003
Sano Shinichiro, Age 23

"Well, I know you can hear and see me. I just want you to know that you're very corny for making me promise things and I hate you for that."

"Hi, Shinichiro-san..."

"He's not gonna talk back, why are you shaking?"

"I'm not!"

"We won't be around much longer. I just introduced her to you just so you'd know. Smoke the cigarettes if you can, you're not gonna die anyway because you're already dead. Bye."

Izana stood up and brushed off the dirt on his pants. She did the same and followed him when he walked towards the tree in the center of the cemetery. He climbed on its bricked surroundings and sat with his back facing the hundreds of gravestones.

Y/N saw a pile of sand. On the side of it is a withered flower.

"What are we doing here?"

"You gotta meet them, too."

"Who?"

"My parents."

As the wind blows just fine, Y/N closed her mouth in surprise. It made the awra between them awkward as Izana didn't say a word.

"Why are you not talking?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know..."

She heard him laugh. She turned to look at him while still standing awkwardly, which she wished she didn't do, as Izana gave her a smack on the back of her head.

"Don't worry, they're not dead yet. Or so I thought. I don't really care anymore. They were never there for me, so I just think that they are dead for so long. I guess that helps me a lot. I have nothing to worry about anymore, or anyone. Well, I have Kakucho, and uh you, so I guess two people count."

She just nodded.

Y/N saw pastel-colored dots on the side of her eyes so she went to it without telling him. She plucked multiple flowers and went back to him. She stabbed two in the clump of sand that served as the grave of Izana's parents. She then ran towards the Sano Family Grave and gently placed the remaining flower on the lying cigarette case. Izana watches her as she runs around the cemetery, not realizing that the half-smile has turned into a big one.

"This one's for you, Shinichiro-san. I know that you already know me, but please keep it a secret between us. This is the prettiest one and I give it to you as a compensation, I hope you won't take it the wrong way. You will be missed," she whispered.

Y/N already feels guilt right from the moment Izana's still talking to Shinichiro. But it only intensified when he brought her to his parents' acting grave. This is the least that she can do to tone it down and hopefully, it works.

"To Izana's DEAD parents, I gave you the ugliest ones, and don't you dare complain about it. You will not be missed!"

November two of two thousand and five, Y/N screamed on top of her lungs towards Izana's direction while being in front of the Sano Family Grave. She knows it's disrespectful but she could care less about that until a cemetery staff scolded her. Unknown to her, her little gestures already made Izana's day. He giggles as he sees her almost get kicked out of the burial ground.