six

Oh My God, Miso Soup!

"You live here?"

Izana's face peeked through the opening of the curtain. He pulled it to the side and opened the window. He was greeted by the somewhat gentle steam of the setting sun.

They went to the supermarket to buy ingredients for dinner to cook. At six in the evening, Y/N is already cooking what they would be having.

They were inside Y/N's small apartment near the riverbank. The living room and the kitchen connected are just about 20 square meters, and that didn't shock Izana at all. After all, Y/N's still a minor and relies on whatever keeps her alive.

"Yes, and I live here alone. I'm an orphan just to tell you so you don't have to ask."

"I'm not interested anyway. Hurry and cook it. I'm hungry."

And so after the food was done, they ate it and Izana went back to his place shortly after that. But that was five days ago.

Just yesterday night, Ran was informed Izana wouldn't be able to go to the headquarters because he feels sick. He blames Y/N's "bad cooking" for making him nauseous.

"You talk to him, Y/N."

Y/N shakes her head aggressively and stays away from Ran. Kakucho just scratched his head while Rindou was smiling like a dog.

"Just talk to him. It's not like he can harm you through the phone."

Helpless, she took the cellphone from Ran. She put it to her ear.

"H-Hello?"

"Y/N? YOU—YOU PURPOSELY DID THIS, RIGHT?"

"No. You ate my cooking five days ago. It's not my fault..."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN? IT'S YOUR FAULT—ah... I... I will kill you once I-"

She closed the flip phone and gave it back to Ran. She then looked at Kakucho with pleading eyes.

"What now?"

"We should go to his place and bring him some medicine. Izana, he's alone and I don't think he's functioning well..."

"Functioning? He's not a robot."

Rindou just clicked his tongue and dragged Y/N outside. He threw her a helmet which she caught in a second.

"Put it on and sit behind me. Hurry up."

She obeyed just like what Rindou said. A couple of minutes later, Kakucho and Ran came out and did the same.

Rindou started his motorcycle's engine. It roared, generating black smoke as it began to heat up. She just clung to his clothes because she knew how much of a daredevil he is when it comes to riding a bike.

"Okay, here we go!"

Like the wind, he drove swiftly. Y/N did not notice how fast he maneuvers until they reached the highway in a matter of seconds. It was like her mind was blank for a short period.

There were many cars and other vehicles and Rindou's way of riding is tough, that's why it made her vision blurry, but she managed to see the other two behind them.

Five minutes passed and Rindou slowed down until he stopped in front of an old, mostly abandoned apartment complex. It's quite similar to Y/N's, only that the apartment's lot is bushy and it doesn't seem to be well taken care of.

"Wow. He dared to judge my place but his looks like this."

Ran and Kakucho just came after them. After making sure that the bikes were parked and locked, Kakucho walked to the stairs first.