twenty-eight

Double-Crosser

"Did you miss me?"

Y/N marches through the headquarters with hefty steps. With each long, deep inhale, she gasped in rage. She opened the warehouse door with ease as she was in a haste to see him.

Y/N is aware - and she knows too damn well that Kisaki is capable of doing more than just being bad in order to obtain his goals. He did, after all, make it apparent when they first met that he would not hesitate to get his hands filthy if necessary. He's a mad, wicked teen she thought she could benefit from to execute her intents at first. But the fire of hatred he lit in her weakened as months passed by. His random disappearances, his lack of assurance if he would actually bring Mikey to his knees, and him being more and more unpredictable made trusting him harder and harder in the long run. She would not mind it much, though, and she would not be particularly concerned with what he intends to accomplish because, as he had stated before, she is merely one of her chess pieces who will assist him.

But when she saw him again months after their first encounter, she could not have anticipated the disdain and dismay she felt. Probably because he's not supposed to be there.

He's not meant to be here.

And that was what bothered her, particularly at that very moment when she got informed and when she saw that, Kisaki in the flesh, had stepped foot in a room where Izana was present, one of the people they were using.

He's not meant to be there, but there he was, sitting on their made-up stage, legs crossed all while watching her march towards him.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Y/N asked. Her chest was going up and down, breathless from the hasty walking she did.

He grinned. All at once, she experienced anxiety, fear, and resentment. Concerned about what he would say to Izana, terrified of what he had in mind, and enraged by the thought of him suddenly appearing in front of her grinning blasphemously.

"Didn't I tell you before that I have a surprise for you? This is it, I am the surprise. Tada! Aren't you excited?"

"You're not supposed to be here, damn it! Get out before Izana or the others see you." Y/N dragged Kisaki down by his arm, prompting the latter to leap from his seat and stand across her below the stage, where Izana overheard them arguing.

They don't appear to have heard or seen the others come or hear the gate clatter open. There, Izana along with the others spot them standing over each other. While Kisaki's lips were still curled in an unwavering grin, Y/N's hand, however, was on his arm, digging her nails on it with such a temper.

Izana's serious yet intrigued gaze caught her attention and she decided to focus on it instead as she released her grip on his arm in resentment. Kisaki didn't face the entrance, so what she did to him was essentially invisible to them. She was facing the entrance, however.

"What's going on?" Izana asked, now beside her. He placed his arm around her shoulders as he eyed Kisaki.

"So you finally got yourself a girlfriend, Izana. It must be nice~"

"Just... so-so. She always blows fire in my face. I see that you've gotten a little bit... acquainted with each other. So there's no need to introduce you to each other, I guess?"

"Actually-"

"Yeah. Wouldn't want to be friends with this slug anyway."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, nothing. It's L/N Y/N. It's not so nice to meet you," Y/N held out her hand in which Kisaki gladly accepted. She shook hands with him with force before taking her hand back. Everyone else but Izana can see her forced smile and it made the atmosphere a little awkward.