twelve

Merry Christmas! Here's an update as my gift 🎁🎁🎁

Steppingstone

"Make it stop..."

Y/N spun around like a worm on her bed when her flip phone rang loudly. She covered her ears with a pillow and rolled over until she was out of bed with the phone still vibrating but now beside her face.

She hurled the pillow and threw the blanket into the air that was covering her lower body. Disturbed, she slammed the flip phone open and pressed buttons.

"Hello?!"

"Oh, I woke you up."

It's seven in the morning of one Wednesday in October where she plans to skip school and just sleep all day, but it seems like she wouldn't be able to do that now that her soul is slowly waking.

"Yes, so can you now tell me who you are?"

"Tetta Kisaki."

"Who?"

"Tetta Kisaki. Tsurumi Riverbank in 15 minutes. Hurry up."

The caller hung up. She just screamed out the irritation and tidied her bed. She was lazing when she brushed her teeth and hair, so when it was almost 7:15, she almost flew to where she was going.

I hope going here's worth it. Because if not, I'll try my best in black magic and curse who the hell this is.

"You're late," she heard someone talking behind her when she was leaning on her knees, tired and sweating from the running.

She looked at her watch to see that it was only 7:17.

"Uh..."

The silence is deafening as they both sit on the grass at one meter distance. Y/N had no intention of speaking. After all, it was Kisaki and not her who called and wanted to meet.

"What was your name again?" she asked.

"Tetta Kisaki. Have you eaten?"

"Not yet. You're acting nicey and stuff, I wonder why..."

"Do you want to eat?"

Y/N cocked a brow and nodded slowly. It made the corner of his mouth turn up.

Kisaki brought her to the nearest cafe. Y/N followed, totally not having a clue on what's going on.

I don't know if it's a good decision to follow this man, but he's treating me out for food so...this should be nothing to worry about, right? He looks rich too, but he's ugly.

Her capacity of trusting strangers easily is unsurprisingly high, given that she's an idiot. What's surprising is that she went with someone who looks completely unreliable even after she got into life-threatening situations.

They sat beside the window. Kisaki made her order anything she wanted saying, "it's on me", and waved his hands as a signal to be carefree.

Eating her third crepe, Kisaki pulled his chair closer. He crossed his legs and leaned and supported his face with his right hand.

"+8112 345..."

She frowned because of that. She stopped eating for a moment but continued and ignored the man in front of her.

Kisaki finished babbling random numbers when she just realized that it was her phone number.

"Yokohama Kunmouin Orphanage. A mischievous kid who once cut her right knee open while chasing after a flying dandelion..."

"Stop saying weird things."

"Mom died when she was still a newborn because of overdosing, dad's a cop killed when a delinquent slashed his chest while trying to stop a gang fight when she was four..."

"I said stop."

"Became Mikey's girlfriend when she was 15, got sexually assaulted on the way home after she broke up with him when she was 16. Finally, Kurokawa Izana's servant at age 17—"

The sound of a loud slap echoed inside the cafe.

Y/N stopped eating and got up from sitting to slap Kisaki. His head tilted at the slap's impact. It left a big, red slap mark on his left cheek and it probably hurts.

They both clench their jaws hard. One was because of amusement, while one was because of anger.

"I told you to fucking stop."

"What a dramatic way to be the main character," he snickered.

"What do you really want?"

"Nothing hard. It's actually pretty easy. I need you to help me accomplish my goal."

He clasped his hands together and put his chin on it.

"I want to reign the Tokyo Manji Gang. I want to be on top, I want to be the ruler. And I think that you can help me the most with that."

"Why me? And you really thought I would help you do that? Fucking nonsense. What are you, seven? Acting all ambitious..."

"I know that you want to see the great Sano Manjiro fall. After all the torture he gave you and made you go through, I know you want it too."

"I don't..."

"Come on. How can you say that? If I were you, I would've beaten him to death and blamed him for all my problems. It's all Mikey's fault, Y/N."

"No!"

"Don't tell me you never thought of that?! What a shame," Kisaki smirked and laughed. "You're too softhearted. 'It was my fault, it was my fault'... No, Y/N. It was all Mikey's fault. He was the one to blame! If he was a decent human being enough, he wouldn't let his girlfriend go through that. But no, he didn't care about you at all. He never did."

Mikey is nothing like that. And he doesn't know what happened that night.

"Don't you ever think about him not knowing it. He could've gone after you to at least take you home that night, but he didn't. He would have fought those guys by himself but he didn't."

He didn't chase me because he's hurt. It's because he's hurt, right? I hurt him, it's my fault. Maybe Mikey is still mad at me. But even if he was hurt, he wouldn't have let me walk alone. He shouldn't have let me go home alone...

"I'm telling you this because I'm concerned about you, Y/N. You don't deserve this. You don't deserve to be treated like an animal or a slave. I'm telling you this because I understand you. I understand what you feel and the way your wounds still ache."

Does he care about me? He told me he cares about me. I guess it's true. He's right. I don't deserve to be treated like that, I shouldn't be anyone's slave.

"Really?"

"Yes! I would never lie to you, Y/N."

Maybe Kisaki really understands me. He knows how I feel, he knows how much it hurts... But Mikey doesn't. He doesn't care about me. Maybe, he also didn't love me! And I would've been free from the nightmares if it wasn't for him. It was all Mikey's fault, not mine, right?

"All you have to do is to be a builder and build the blueprint exactly how I made it. Get it?"

It was all Mikey's fault!

"Okay. Teach me how to make you a ruler, then."

October five of two thousand and five,
Y/N became one of Tetta Kisaki's steppingstone.