eight

⚠️TW: s3xu4L ass4ulT throwbacks. Read at your own risk. Please skip if you might get triggered or if you're uncomfortable.⚠️

Sanctuary

"Where are you?"

Ran's ears tingled and he pulled the flip phone away from his ear. A furious lioness named L/N Y/N screamed at him over the phone. Well, you would be mad too if someone made you wait for two hours straight and didn't bother ringing you.

"It's already eleven in the morning, Haitani! You told me to come here at nine! God..."

"Chill, chill. Rindou overslept and we missed one train flight because we kinda dozed off in the train station so..."

"Me?!"

"Whatever. Just get in here! I'm hungry because I haven't eaten anything yet."

"Okay," Ran put the call down. Y/N then proceeded to cross her arms to her chest and tap the floor with her right foot while waiting impatiently.

Five minutes then, Haitanis are still nowhere to be seen that's why she sat on a bench not far from her to rest her legs.

Yesterday night, Ran called her just to say he has a "surprise" for her. It was more like a "reward" now since he told her about it.

Y/N was excited about the reward at first. She didn't get enough sleep last night as she tossed and jumped onto her bed thinking about what it would be. But after waiting for hours, her excitement vanished into thin air along with her patience.

"This better be good or else..."

"Hey, miss bankruptcy."

Annoyed, she punched on the stomach whoever the person in front of her was. She's sure it was Rindou, since his shadow's smaller compared to the other one's beside him.

"Ow! That sure hit the gut..."

"I guess your training paid off. We're such good mentors."

"Just lead the way, please. You're more annoying today."

"Our princess is so mad."

"Our princess, my ass. You're sickly-sweet. It's disgusting."

As she wished, Ran walked in front of them. He got his hands on his pockets while Rindou put his arm on her shoulders, still being clingy.

"Fuck—stop it! Get away from me!"

"Don't want to," he grinned.

Ran turned into a street and entered a tailoring shop. He kicked the door with his left foot. She and Rindou are still following him.

"Hey."

A man in his early thirties was standing near the counter with different types of fabric rolls on his arms. He stared at Ran aggressively, maybe thinking what reason delinquents are in his shop.

"Who?"

"Haitani Ran."

"Oh, yes yes. Come with me."

The man entered through a door leading to a room behind the counter. Ran followed. A few moments later, he came out with a black paper bag in his right hand.

He threw the black paper bag at Y/N. Y/N pushed Rindou away and she caught it a bit bewildered.

"Is this for me?"

"Yes, you dummy. It's my reward for you."

"It's OUR reward. Kakucho and I paid for that, you contributed nothing," Rindou rolled his eyes and sat on a chair with his hands and legs crossed.