twenty-four

The Dumb, The Wild, The Free

"Hell fucking no. There's no way I would do that."

Shion made it seem like thunder-and-lightning when he expressed his resistance towards Rindou's supposedly "plan". His "no" was so strong that it echoed throughout the warehouse, catching a small amount of Izana's attention which Izana thankfully shrugged off.

"I wasn't—I don't even sing! I don't even know how to fucking do that—I shouldn't be explaining this kind of crap. Roll it up Rindou, this is pure bullshit," he spat on the ground and stepped on it. "This can't be you. This is pure bullshit, goddamn. I don't believe you think you can make me do this nonsensical thing."

The tattooed blond started walking away, but Rindou was persistent. And by the term persistent, he can't and he won't accept a no or a destructive defeat. His pride can't handle that. That's why he walked behind the blond to stop him, which he surprisingly succeeded in. But Shion's ego resembles Rindou's a lot. The chicken-head knew there was a big chance of Shion and Y/N not getting along. But he should give it a shot, right?

"Alright. It's not like I'm forcing you to sing. I'm not forcing anyone to sing, for the record," Rindou raised his hands and waved them.

All of them knew what Rindou had been plotting in his head all this time. And they're all against it. Rindou knew this too, that's why he made a different plan in mind. "Well then, since no one wants to hear me sing, ever, and no one else offers to do it, I guess, you can do it for me?" Rindou looked at the h/c-haired with an asking-but-waiting stare without name dropping.

"Me?"

"Yes."

"No. Not gonna do it."

"But you have no money to buy Izana a gift. Also, don't you think it's kinda embarrassing to not get him anything in your first month together?"

"Don't you try to manipulate me."

"He's not trying to. Rindou is plainly asking you if you could sing instead of him. It's not that hard to answer it," Shion interrupts.

Y/N had no issues doing it. But since there's this thing called Shion around, she feels uneasy and a little embarrassed to sing. If it were only the Haitanis and Kakucho she was with, maybe she'd give it a go. But with Shion? Meh.

Why do I even make this a big deal? Fuck that dumb fuck, I'm gonna do it.

That was her last thought that morning, being hesitant about Rindou's proposal. Y/N, now standing in front of the silver blond's apartment door, has her hands — and maybe even legs trembling out of one, embarrassment and two, nervousness. It hasn't come easy for her since she made the decision to replace Rindou in the singing part, but she can't go back now as it'll make her feel like her ego has been stepped on.

"You knock," Rindou gestured his hand. Y/N took a deep breath and with trembling hands, she knocked. From her left to right, there stands Rindou holding the guitar, Ran and Kakucho by her side, and Shion as a display. Rindou strummed the strings as a signal for her to sing.

This is so fucking embarrassing.

"Adik sa'yo, awit sa akin,"
(Addicted to you, a song for me)
"Bilang sawa na sa aking mga kwentong marathon."
(Reckon you're tired of my marathon-like stories)

Y/N was thinking it started out better than what she expected. Rindou was still strumming but she noticed he was suppressing a chuckle along with Ran and Kakucho.

"Tungkol sayo, at sa ligayang iyong hatid—"
(About you and the happiness you bring—)
"—Sa aking buhay tuloy ang bida sa isipan ko'y ikaw."
(—In my life, the protagonist in my mind is you)