twenty (first half)

A/N: Hello. I wrote this chapter before Rindou’s official birthdate was released. I have no idea what Rindou's birthdate could be so I just made up a date.

Sunny Shenanigans

With the temperature colder than usual, the Tenjiku Heavenly Kings along with Izana and Y/N went to the beach. It was their plan on celebrating Rindou's birthday.

The fact that they were so busy preparing for their next and biggest fight and almost forgot about the day made Rindou sulk. Well, maybe just a little, as Rindou keeps on denying it. Anyway, they didn't have enough time to plan much about it, nor do they want to make the chicken head sad on his birthday so to cheer him up, they made him decide whatever he wants to do on his day.

The younger Haitani chose to go to the beach, specifically in Kamakura Zaimokuza Beach as he says it was the nearest one and insisted that they should go before the dawn breaks.

So here they are now gathered in front of the Haitanis' place, all half asleep with the smaller hand of the clock still pointing at 3. It was still dark and it hasn't even been five hours since most of them slept but they can't do anything about it as Rindou seems so excited.

"C'mon guys, wake up! It's such a beautiful day today. The sky is clear, there are no signs of rain or storm, and we're all here to-"

"It's 3 am, Rindou. Stop shouting!"

"Wake Kakucho up, we're leaving."

"I hate the cold. Why do we have to go at 3 in the morning again?"

All of them sighed-except for Rindou who was overflowing with too much excitement and Kakucho who was heard snoring not so loud while standing and sleeping at the same time.

They woke up the scarred face, got on their bikes, and made the engines roar to heat them up. Unafraid to wake the neighbors up, Rindou twisted his handlebars to show off. He received a whack from Ran then.

Y/N wore the flannel jacket Izana gave her when he picked her up from her place over the hoodie she's currently wearing. It was red, black, and white complimenting the gray inner top she has on. Meanwhile, Izana has a black sweater to keep him warm.

The road distance between Yokohama and Kamakura is 22.1 kilometers. With the way they drive their bikes-sprinting and aggressive, they got to the beach in no more than 15 minutes. Y/N's sleepiness appeared to wear off of her as her guardian spirit got awakened and whispered to her ears to guard her dear life. The protector doesn't want to see her, just not yet, it seems.

They arrived at 3:27. Their annoyance grew as much as the cold when they found out that the beach was not yet open. It was closed until 5 am, the staff said. That's an hour and a half to spend outside the gates, and that'll spoil their already spoiled morning.

"Come here, Rindou. I'll kick your ass, you motherfucker."

"That's mean. It's my birthday."

"You broke my sleep. You deserve to be beaten up to death."

"Take Kakucho away so that the dates on Rindou's tombstone won't be the same."

"Ran will cry if you die."

Luck must be on Rindou's side. The side of his eyes caught an artificial light hanging on a post. He took a look, and he recognized it as a lightbox sign. King's Row, it reads.

Deliberately, he left Ran's shadow, vanishing from their sights to get away from his misbehavior. He walked over to it, the King's Row, leaving his baggage beside his older brother for him to carry.

As he grew closer, a tarpaulin with different graphic images listing from boba tea to black coffee greets him. A cafe, open 24/7, just beside the beach. What a steal.

Rindou sat on one of the stools outside the coffee shop and waved his hands towards the others so they'll notice him. They followed Rindou and went inside together. Ran, to compensate for his brother's rascality, lined up at the counter to treat them. In front of him was a middle-aged man wearing thick-rimmed black glasses and a blue apron who took his orders.

"Two black coffees, a green tea, a jasmine tea, and a boba coming up."

The drinks were served within 15 minutes. They savored them until the dawn broke. Kakucho got enough energy from his coffee to cool off and accept that Rindou was unstoppably deviant that day.

At exactly five in the morning, when the gates were freshly opened, the three-Ran, Izana, and Rindou ran towards the seashore. That left Y/N and Kakucho with a total of five, heavy backpacks. The both of them didn't really mind, as the three seemed so excited that they didn't bother taking off their clothes.

"Carry my bag, peasant!" Izana yelled. The poor h/c-haired don't know whether Izana had any rocks or tires packed in his baggage but she still carried his bag-well, more like dragged it towards the sand.

"You carry my and Ran's bag, they're the lightest. I'll do the rest," Kakucho offered. Y/N gladly accepted it, as she doesn't want to burden herself and get scolded once Izana sees his bag's ripped bottom.

"Okay, here you go-"

"I'll take that from here," Izana popped out of nowhere, took his bag from her hands, and ran towards the seaside again. Y/N noticed that the silver blond was barefoot and pants pulled up. A pair of sneakers was dangling on his hands.

When the two got there, a picnic blanket was already laid down on the sand. Its white and blue stripes were evenly distributed as it was lying with no wrinkles to be spotted. Behind it was a huge beach umbrella big enough to cover the entire sheet. They placed the bags beside the umbrella's shaft.

"It was colder here than how I expected it to be," Kakucho let out a spared laugh.

"Yeah. I think I'll swim when the sun shines at its finest. It'll take a few more hours, I guess. I'll just sleep for now."

"Well then, take good care of the bags. I'll just change my clothes."

Shortly then, Kakucho left. Despite the shivering cold, Y/N spotted the Haitani brothers in shorts and no tops. Their tattoos are out in the open and they look hot-honestly speaking, from her point of view. Meanwhile on Izana, he's still in his pants and sweater.

She motioned her hands to come closer when he looked in her direction. It took a few glares and head shakes before he obeyed her.

"What is it now?"

"You'll get sick if you continue to play in the water in your sweats, sir. Change your clothes or you stay here."

"What? No. It's so cold."

"Well, if you don't want to, you will be staying here in the blanket with me and watch Ran and Rindou make sandcastles until you decide to change to something beach acceptable. I don't take 'no, I won't change' as an answer."

"What are you, my mom?"

"You don't have a mom."

"Right."

Upset and left with no choice, Izana took clothes from his bag. He made sure that she got to see how unwilling he is, and that showed her his pettiness over something so little.

Going in the same direction as to where Kakucho went, Izana walked so heavily that his feet carried sand and tossed them into the air. He came back with the scarred and an arm resting fine around his shoulder. One was grinning wide while one was frowning.

"God, it's so cold. Are you happy now?"

Y/N laughed, raised her hand to articulate it into a like sign, and nodded. Amused by how they can stand the cold, she took their clothes-the used ones, and suggested that she take care of them.

They left, walking side to side. Meanwhile, she tidied up her space and went to sleep.